2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

How many kickers of the year does this region have? Nice touch to add Micah.

Having a region MVP come from a team who didn't win the region is stupid. Without that person, the result, not winning the region, would've been the same. 

My region player of the year would've been a little unusual- a 4 way tie with the Forrest backfield. Swift, Davis, Burchell and Bell. My trophy wouldve been a Mt Rushmore replica with the 4 kids faces. 

I do things different. 

On 11/30/2021 at 12:59 PM, GeneralForrest said:

How many kickers of the year does this region have? 

The region was very blessed with kickers this year. :) Apparently, a few MVP's went to two guys. So we have 2 Defensive MVP's and Running back MVP's and who knows what else.  We've gone from everyone gets a trophy to everyone gets a MVP plaque of some type now. 

On 11/30/2021 at 12:59 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Having a region MVP come from a team who didn't win the region is stupid. Without that person, the result, not winning the region, would've been the same. 

My region player of the year would've been a little unusual- a 4 way tie with the Forrest backfield. Swift, Davis, Burchell and Bell. My trophy wouldve been a Mt Rushmore replica with the 4 kids faces. 

I do things different. 

Region MVP should have come from the team that dominated the region. The Forrest defense was the most most valuable part of Region 5. #80 Wilson would have been the obvious choice but I could go for an outside of the box selection like your running back by committee idea. Either one would have required an articulate coach to persuade his colleagues to go along. Instead we get a region MVP from a 3rd seed and the 5 seed gets MVP QB and RB trophies. COTY should be sitting on Forrest DC's desk. 

On 12/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, Salem said:

The region was very blessed with kickers this year. :) Apparently, a few MVP's went to two guys. So we have 2 Defensive MVP's and Running back MVP's and who knows what else.  We've gone from everyone gets a trophy to everyone gets a MVP plaque of some type now. 

Region MVP should have come from the team that dominated the region. The Forrest defense was the most most valuable part of Region 5. #80 Wilson would have been the obvious choice but I could go for an outside of the box selection like your running back by committee idea. Either one would have required an articulate coach to persuade his colleagues to go along. Instead we get a region MVP from a 3rd seed and the 5 seed gets MVP QB and RB trophies. COTY should be sitting on Forrest DC's desk. 

Good post and I agree that Wilson is a stud.