2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

On 7/7/2021 at 10:17 AM, Overland said:

Mt. Pleasant Tigers (2020  Record:  1-8)

Coaching Changes: Kit Hartsfield New Head Coach from Blackman HS; Andrew Holcomb-  OC

Key Returning Players: QB Tevarious Streyhorn,  ATH - Demarcus Brown, WR - Jeffrey Williamson, OL - Dontavious Ellison, OL- Hardin Hughes

2021Outlook: Expect a much improved Tiger squad this season with a new coaching staff and an entirely new offensive and defensive systems, outlook, and attitude. Gone is the single wing system of the past and expect the Tigers to spread the field. Mt Pleasant recently took 2nd place at the Shelbyville Central 7 on 7 tournament. They looked very talented compared to the other 22 teams there. Sophomore Darian Mesa, a track and field standout, had a big tournament day. A very disappointing 2020 campaign saw MP lose 4 one score games but they did pick up a win against new region foe Loretto. I predict a Fayetteville City style turnaround this season for the talented Tigers and they will be in the mix for the region crown. 

This is a great breakdown of MP. I look for them to be the surprise of this Region.

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

This is a great breakdown of MP. I look for them to be the surprise of this Region.

Thanks. They did not have a good showing vs Cornersville in a scrimmage but they do have speed. I can also see Region 6 pulling off a playoff sweep this year or at least going 3-1 in round 1.