Hickman County job

ehmsmom

my daughters friend says another option being considered is the soccer coach who is also ROTC teacher switching too volleyball because he is getting burned out on soccer and played volleyball in military, he would definitely bring some dicipline to them girls and make them play some ball, games would be entertaining too watching him yell and coach LOL! 

I normally just read and do not post on these threads, but I believe everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and consider some of the circumstances surrounding this job opening. Yes, Hickman County volleyball has been very successful over the past decade or so, but it has not traditionally been anything close to a powerhouse prior to that time. Expectations are now unrealistic for some parents, who have played a role in why such a successful program is now looking for its fourth coach during this run of success. Hickman County is not a “destination” job for a coach, despite what some in this thread seem to believe, so finding a good coach will likely have to come from within the school system or getting lucky on a young up-and-coming coaching prospect. Likely no banners will be hung alongside the ‘97 girls basketball state championship one, despite this fact possibly hurting the feelings of hcvolleyballmom. No, politics are not always at play in the HC school system, and every decision is not aimed at promoting Centerville teams and harming East Hickman teams. Sorry to burst your bubble, ehmsmom. The fact is that Hickman County is a rural school system that struggles to hire and retain good teachers and coaches, as do many other places across the state, especially those located near higher paying districts such as Williamson County. The teaching piece of the puzzle also factors in since most coaches in this system also teach. We have very few non-faculty coaches because of a lack of other jobs outside the school system. Budget hearings are also taking place currently for the school system and most likely factor into any compensation discussions with good coaching candidates. So my advice, for what it’s worth, is to take a deep breath and let the school’s administrators find the best coach for the team based on their limitations and circumstances we may know nothing about. Of course, parents who know more than the coaches can also apply themselves as non-faculty coaches to aid the administration in this process. Surely there is someone sitting in the stands ready and willing to take the reigns and lead this team to the state title as so many parents believe and predict on here. Good luck!

Easy for you to say take a step back when you have no children involved. Try explaining to your child why a coach hasn't been hired. These girls have a chance to do something special and NOBODY WANTS TO HIRE A COACH! We will have a discussion tonight about the possibility of moving. Hate to go in this direction but our family may have no choice. She is so upset now and I can't give her any answers. So, please don't tell me to take a deep breath. You could care less!

30 minutes ago, hcvolleyballmom said:

Easy for you to say take a step back when you have no children involved. Try explaining to your child why a coach hasn't been hired. These girls have a chance to do something special and NOBODY WANTS TO HIRE A COACH! We will have a discussion tonight about the possibility of moving. Hate to go in this direction but our family may have no choice. She is so upset now and I can't give her any answers. So, please don't tell me to take a deep breath. You could care less!

Does your daughter currently play on a club?  Does she have colleges recruiting her?

17 hours ago, hcvolleyballmom said:

She would have colleges recruiting her if they would find a coach. This talented team is being wasted. Maybe the girl's or boy's basketball coach will step in and take the job. I'm not sure about their experience with volleyball but it would be better then Coach Doug True

You have to be trolling.  This can't be a serious post

• Like 1

Its aweful quiet on the volleyball front, could they perhaps hired a coach and just waiting to announce? I seen nothing about it in the Times this week, I was hoping for a update from michael smithson but no news. My daughters friend says they announced tryouts for next week, how can they have tryouts with no coach? Must have been a done deal all along

My daughter just texted me telling they have a coach, but have not made it public. She and her teammates are so excited hoping its the coach of their choice. Being a parent, I just hope they are not leading them down another empty path. I can't stand to see her being crushed anymore. These girls have been through enough and its time to make the hire. I know a few board members who may be receiving a call if this does not come to fruition. Get these girls in the gym so they can make Hickman County Proud!

2 hours ago, hcvolleyballmom said:

My daughter just texted me telling they have a coach, but have not made it public. She and her teammates are so excited hoping its the coach of their choice. Being a parent, I just hope they are not leading them down another empty path. I can't stand to see her being crushed anymore. These girls have been through enough and its time to make the hire. I know a few board members who may be receiving a call if this does not come to fruition. Get these girls in the gym so they can make Hickman County Proud!

Congratulations to Coach True!  

• Like 1

It will not be Coach true. The word i received last night is they are going to introduce the new coach to the team today. My daughter is so excited believing it is a coach in the building. I do believe with all my heart that today will be the day the team gets a sigh of relief and moves forward. It has been a stressful few weeks to say the least. Get the job done and get ready for the State Tournament! These girls deserve the best!

I sure hope you are right and its the coach your thinking, but i wouldn't be suprised if its just a smoke screen for another candidate, i still think the soccer coach is one to watch since their season just ended. If the coach you are wanting is hired back michael smithson better pair him with a calm figure to help keep his emotions under control better this time around. He will win a bunch of games but them girls better toughen up, he will hold no punches back, but that might be what the players and parents both need. Looking forward to our rival games this fall!