Hickman County job

ehmsmom

UNACCEPTABLE! No coach hired as of today! You have got to be kidding me! I have been on the phone with other parents most of the morning. We are quite perturbed over the situation. We will vehemently indicate our displeasure over the inadmissible hiring of a coach. My daughter with her teammates are seriously thinking about not playing next season. I DONT BLAME THEM! I can promise Monday we will get a answer. Just makes my blood boil knowing they do not care about these girls. A team with State Tournament talent being wasted. Congrats Hickman County you have done it again!

I feel your frustration. If it were my kid, I would be frustrated, too. Finding a 'good' coach for a sport like volleyball in rural areas is always tough. They are probably gonna pick someone who is in the building who will accept the job regardless of experience just because they are already teaching or working in the system. As a parent, or even just a fan of the game, It can be tough to watch go down. 

Side note: if you are relying on your single A high school coach to get to your kid to the next level, you are completely misguided. I speak from experience on this subject. Get your kiddo involved with a good club, and get out there and do the work yourself. It was a part-time job helping get my kid recruited. But it worked out in the end. 

It's gonna be exciting this year. Region 5-A is even tougher now with Camden coming in and the sectional will always be tough having to go through Loretto or Summertown. Unfortunately, there's gonna be a good team between Hickman County, Harpeth & Camden left behind who doesn't even make it to Region championship/sectionals this year. Everyone is looking to have good years again. Good luck to everyone! It will be here before we know it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I seen on the schoool website that job is open again, what happened to Dotson? I new them girls wouldn’t like that tough coaching and them parents would not like it either. Who will they get now? Any leeding candidates? Seem like a good job for a players coach, have to get along with everybody and play nice. Glad my eagles have same coach and stability 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, hcvolleyballmom said:

Let's do this all again. My bet is the EHHS coach. She would do a outstanding job. Hate to lose Coach Dotson, but a lot of parents thought his coaching style was old school for today's athletes. My daughter loved playing for Coach Dotson, he was always fair. She did cry some but thats part of playing sports. 

I'm sorry, this is just my opinion...but "crying" because of a coach should not be a part of "playing sports." Dotson is a hard-nosed, competitive coach. He was a great high-level athlete & basketball player back in the day. But I just don't think volleyball was his thing. 

Hickman Co. will need someone strong, someone who knows volleyball. Currently District 10-A was competitive for them, but their new District is likely gonna be even more competitive. Camden is always good. Waverly beat HC this year and they lose nothing for 2023. They are gonna be in a dogfight to get out of District. 

Edited by Rockstar89