Oneida Football

Spike016

1 hour ago, BruceColetrain said:

Why not hire a 5 star coach for a couple years?

Instead they hire a 1-2 star guy who changes nothing drastic, and your mediocre at best. 

Some small places need to accept that a stepping stone isnt always a bad thing. Or simply offer guys more...$$$

Most small school directors aren’t experienced enough to be able to conduct a competent coaching search and actually make a good hire. They certainly don’t want to have to do it every few years. Couple that with the fact most don’t appreciate the importance athletics play in high school and they’d rather hire the safe one time guy and live with pretty good or worse and not have to do it again for a very long time if ever. The systems that are experienced, intelligent and involved enough to make the truly good hires at a small school are the ones we’re used to seeing in late November every year. Just my take. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:45 AM, BruceColetrain said:

Not saying there's not people who are successful with it. 

Its not always the right answer to hire the hometown guy, and chase ghosts. There are better coaches in the state than in your hometown.

I love the Satterfield's, but I wouldn't mind some young buck to come in and revolutionize our program.

Are you naked bootleggers cousin.

11 hours ago, pujo said:

Look like twins to me.

Pujo, Good to sees yous still a tad perky. . Old Timers getting restless with No Real Fueding goin on. Leastways Coach Jones done went & orchestrated the spring schedule with a 3 enter squad games for Jr. High, JV & Propective Varsity come next week. Word is Varsity numbers are down, Little Fellers is up. BTW, did you see that AZ Sports article bout the orchestrated effort to renege on Coach Pruitt contractual aggreement? Vols fans sure nuff have a HEEP of mess to endure until smoother waters and becoming relevant. 

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Pujo, Good to sees yous still a tad perky. . Old Timers getting restless with No Real Fueding goin on. Leastways Coach Jones done went & orchestrated the spring schedule with a 3 enter squad games for Jr. High, JV & Propective Varsity come next week. Word is Varsity numbers are down, Little Fellers is up. BTW, did you see that AZ Sports article bout the orchestrated effort to renege on Coach Pruitt contractual aggreement? Vols fans sure nuff have a HEEP of mess to endure until smoother waters and becoming relevant. 

NOTHING SUPEIZES ME OUT OF TENNESSEE

On 5/12/2021 at 2:24 PM, crow said:

Most small school directors aren’t experienced enough to be able to conduct a competent coaching search and actually make a good hire. They certainly don’t want to have to do it every few years. Couple that with the fact most don’t appreciate the importance athletics play in high school and they’d rather hire the safe one time guy and live with pretty good or worse and not have to do it again for a very long time if ever. The systems that are experienced, intelligent and involved enough to make the truly good hires at a small school are the ones we’re used to seeing in late November every year. Just my take. 

I like this answer. You are spot on, sir.

Competence is huge. When you put people in power by the good ol boy system, you never have the grapefruits to get out of it.