Oneida Football

Spike016

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

On one hand If you all can get an experienced coach that can scab a good crew together I really believe you all have the horses to compete for a Semi berth.Then on the other well you have already stated that.Im hoping for the first scenario.LOL.

The other hand could be bad. If this hire doesn’t go well given the staff is basically starting over from the ground up we could turn into a dumpster fire comparable only to that other Orange and White team :wacko:

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:22 AM, orngnblk said:

A lot of the small schools have done very well with former players or Coaches from there. Look at Greenback,South Pittsburg,Trousdale,Hampton,Cloudland.

Not saying there's not people who are successful with it. 

Its not always the right answer to hire the hometown guy, and chase ghosts. There are better coaches in the state than in your hometown.

I love the Satterfield's, but I wouldn't mind some young buck to come in and revolutionize our program.

41 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

Not saying there's not people who are successful with it. 

Its not always the right answer to hire the hometown guy, and chase ghosts. There are better coaches in the state than in your hometown.

I love the Satterfield's, but I wouldn't mind some young buck to come in and revolutionize our program.

That’s what’s we are hoping for up here in Oneida but I’ll have to see it before I believe it. Always seem up here they never wanna go out and hire somebody. They wanna keep it in house. 

23 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

It was just now posted on the T$$AA website.  They must not be in a big hurry or they already know who they are gonna hire.

To give you an idea of how “urgent” this search is to her read the directors comments on the subject. This was posted 11 days ago. I mean we’ve got plenty of time right? It’s not like the season is 12ish weeks away, we’re replacing the entire staff virtually, and oh yeah not like 2 of those 12 weeks are a dead period or anything :roll:

http://www.ihoneida.com/2021/04/30/oneida-to-begin-search-for-schools-next-football-coach/

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Spike016 said:

That’s what’s we are hoping for up here in Oneida but I’ll have to see it before I believe it. Always seem up here they never wanna go out and hire somebody. They wanna keep it in house. 

Blows my mind how places like Yall and Us want to be superstar programs like we used to be...and admin still thinks its 1983. They refuse to adapt and overcome.

3 hours ago, BruceColetrain said:

Blows my mind how places like Yall and Us want to be superstar programs like we used to be...and admin still thinks its 1983. They refuse to adapt and overcome.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:28 AM, Spike016 said:

I think one reason that schools hire from within is because when you bring in someone from outside the school they look at it as a stepping stone job.  Outsiders don't usually stick around small communities.