Stewarts Creek Mass Exodus

615RumorMill

3 hours ago, 615RumorMill said:

You would have to think the admin has noticed the departure of so many assistants. Not a good look for the football program, school, or Stewarts Creek community. At what point do you decide to go in another direction?

I don't think you should ever build a program around assistants who choose to leave or stay..... If you are confident in the choice to lead the team, let him have that option... 1year is not enough time to right the ship. 3 years is a different story..

Long time reader buta 1st time poster How has there been a Blackman Mass Exodus and Stewart Creek Mass Exodus board but none from our new hawk rival up the road in wilson Pretty sure they’ve lost almost the entire staff and haven’t seen any replacements hired 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't think you should ever build a program around assistants who choose to leave or stay..... If you are confident in the choice to lead the team, let him have that option... 1year is not enough time to right the ship. 3 years is a different story..

I do agree that it is going to take more than one year to make SC a competitive program in RuCo. However, I also believe that in order to fix a struggling high school program you must hire and RETAIN great assistant coaches. I would argue that this is even more important at the 6A level where you are dealing with 80-100 athletes that are typically platooned. Lastly, on a more simplistic level, I have never heard of a successful high school program that loses 9-10 assistants a year.

1 hour ago, MJMoJo said:

Long time reader buta 1st time poster How has there been a Blackman Mass Exodus and Stewart Creek Mass Exodus board but none from our new hawk rival up the road in wilson Pretty sure they’ve lost almost the entire staff and haven’t seen any replacements hired 

Have heard similar rumors. Sounds like Crouch and Caudill have a lot in common. Maybe admin should consider before they hire coaches with little experience to run large programs. 

19 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Or maybe give these coaches a chance before you try to go about casting stones. 

Thanks for joining the conversation. Please explain how I am not giving them a chance? By my understanding, they had a year and at the conclusion of that year 90%-100% of their staff (which they were allowed to personally hire) has decided to leave them. Does that sound normal? Personally, I have never heard of that happening at a program.

5 hours ago, 615RumorMill said:

Thanks for joining the conversation. Please explain how I am not giving them a chance? By my understanding, they had a year and at the conclusion of that year 90%-100% of their staff (which they were allowed to personally hire) has decided to leave them. Does that sound normal? Personally, I have never heard of that happening at a program.

Because both coaches have only been HC for 1 year. Is it normal? Nope, but neither is criticizing 2 young HC's who have sterling reputations

If the goal is to catch Oakland, then your gonna have to change things up, that applies to pretty much everyone not named Riverdale. Oakland went from very good to great because they knew they had to change things up to catch Maryville, which meant alot of coaches went elsewhere, some of whom I considered friends

You guys want to bash Tygard, Caudill and Crouch after 4 full years? Be my guest, but you just come across as petty coming after new HC's just because they have a big changeover in staff, heaven forbid

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Because both coaches have only been HC for 1 year. Is it normal? Nope, but neither is criticizing 2 young HC's who have sterling reputations

If the goal is to catch Oakland, then your gonna have to change things up, that applies to pretty much everyone not named Riverdale. Oakland went from very good to great because they knew they had to change things up to catch Maryville, which meant alot of coaches went elsewhere, some of whom I considered friends

You guys want to bash Tygard, Caudill and Crouch after 4 full years? Be my guest, but you just come across as petty coming after new HC's just because they have a big changeover in staff, heaven forbid

There's a big difference in a HC wanting a staff gone so he can bring in his own and a HC hiring his own who then leave in a mass exodus after coaching under them for 1 year. 

1 hour ago, Ltwell17 said:

There's a big difference in a HC wanting a staff gone so he can bring in his own and a HC hiring his own who then leave in a mass exodus after coaching under them for 1 year. 

Never mind that alot of these coaches left for better programs. Why let facts get in the way of a good story. Like I said, you want to bash them after 4 years, that's reasonable. After 1 year just makes you look stupid, petty or both.

Tygard hasn't even coach a game at Blackman and people want him fired

On 5/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Never mind that alot of these coaches left for better programs. Why let facts get in the way of a good story. Like I said, you want to bash them after 4 years, that's reasonable. After 1 year just makes you look stupid, petty or both.

Tygard hasn't even coach a game at Blackman and people want him fired

I haven't seen anything where people are saying they want Tygard fired.  If you mean that people are remarking about him being cocky....that would be yes.  However, at the end of the day the coach has to do things to create atmopshere of excitiement in their programs.