195 Connor Billingsley - CBHS 7th
220 Asher Hodge - CBHS 7th

106 Alex Ropski CBHS 8th
285 Max Fisher MBA 8th

Edited by durdon
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

Thanks for sharing!

That is a great showing for the State of Tennessee!

Great work to all of the wrestlers, coaches, parents, etc...

Wish we could have seen Parker Peterson at 285 and how he would have done at National Preps!

It would have been interesting that is for sure.  Both Jake Kaminski and Cole Deery are ranked in the top 10 above Parker. I think Parker matches up extremely well against both of them and I personally think Parker would have won that bracket. 

TN was also missing Corday, Dendy, Taylor, Anthony, Ivy and Roller who would have all had an opportunity to make the finals if not win it too.  

Edited by durdon

1 hour ago, durdon said:

It would have been interesting that is for sure.  Both Jake Kaminski and Cole Deery are ranked in the top 10 above Parker. I think Parker matches up extremely well against both of them and I personally think Parker would have won that bracket. 

TN was also missing Corday, Dendy, Taylor, Anthony, Ivy and Roller who would have all had an opportunity to make the finals if not win it too.  

I agree with you that Parker Peterson would have had a great opportunity to win the tournament at 285lb.  At 6’6” and 250 he wrestles completely different than most of the big men.  I feel confident that with the TSSAA state tournament completed in February, Parker had long ago moved on to training for his football career at Tulane.  Let’s also remember that for whatever reason several of the top programs (Blair & Wyoming Seminary) did not send all of their number one guys this season.  

Edited by cbg

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I agree with you that Parker Peterson would have had a great opportunity to win the tournament at 285lb.  At 6’6” and 250 he wrestles completely different than most of the big men.  I feel confident that with the TSSAA state tournament completed in February, Parker had long ago moved on to training for his football career at Tulane.  Let’s also remember that for whatever reason several of the top programs (Blair & Wyoming Seminary) did not send all of their number one guys this season.  

The young men named would compete no matter who was there they’ve proven it in the past! 

18 hours ago, cbg said:

TN didn’t send all of our hammers either.  

All of the tournaments(Super32, Knockout, poweraid, NHSCA, Nat Prep) post pandemic outside of Cadet and Junior Nationals have not been to their normal standards as wrestlers aren’t traveling the way they were before.  Hopefully now that we are coming out of this things will get back to normal.  

National Prep ended up being tougher than I expected and some of the weights were legit.  132 was freakin loaded.