Jay Gore steps down at McGavock

13 hours ago, bleacher said:

Another possible candidate is Steve Williams.

I didn't include Anthony Brown because I assumed he would get Hillsboro.

As long as metro continues to recycle metro coaches the football will continue to be at best mediocre. You have listed  no one that is the quality needed. Just like buying recapped tires.

Edited by fb247

42 minutes ago, fb247 said:

As long as metro continues to recycle metro coaches the football will continue to be at best mediocre. You have listed  no one that is the quality needed. Just like buying recapped tires.

I'm not disagreeing with this at all. However McGavock is an average metro job at best anyways.  I don't see it getting any big names from out of county simply because I don't view it as one of the best jobs in Metro. So a metro guy sounds like it would be the fit here.  Just think it's a long term (3-4 year fix) for whoever gets the job, seeing how decimated the program has been in the past few years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BennyBones said:

I'm not disagreeing with this at all. However McGavock is an average metro job at best anyways.  I don't see it getting any big names from out of county simply because I don't view it as one of the best jobs in Metro. So a metro guy sounds like it would be the fit here.  Just think it's a long term (3-4 year fix) for whoever gets the job, seeing how decimated the program has been in the past few years. 

The reason there are only 4 schools with a number 5 coming on is recruiting players from other metro schools. There was a time when a Hillsboro, East, Pearl-Cohn, or even now a Cane Ridge could compete with McGavock. I am not convinced that even the top programs in metro are not winning with out of county kids. 

Edited by fb247

44 minutes ago, fb247 said:

The reason there are only 4 schools with a number 5 coming on is recruiting players from other metro schools. There was a time when a Hillsboro, East, Pearl-Cohn, or even now a Cane Ridge could compete with McGavock. I am not convinced that even the top programs in metro are not winning with out of county kids. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886z2cib68myd5j0m27zjWelcome to 2020 where every metropolitan school is open zone in the United States 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, BennyBones said:

Why are there presently only 4 schools competitive in metro currently? Coaching, not at all, Players!! Open zoned has created a huge mess. No coach other than metro will apply for these jobs. And no coach in metro now can get a job outside metro. Please don't mention the coach at MJCA because they are not even a good JV program to the top 4 in metro. If metro cared every school could be competitive like it used to be. Also where a school system has open zones every school school play at highest level. The size of the student body has nothing to do with size and quality of football team. Be interesting how PC, East, Hillsboro would compete at 6A. Coaches at those schools should opt to play 6A or maybe it is all about winning after all.

Edited by fb247