Jay Gore steps down at McGavock

On 5/20/2021 at 12:31 PM, fb247 said:

I hope you are right. I am afraid metro has drank so much kool-aid that will not happen.

Metro is 2 coaches shy of it's goal. KInda makes you wonder why the other schools are not enjoying the success of the top 4 schools. Maybe that is not the answer! Overton went this route thinking that is the answer to returning to the elite. McGavock probably thinking this way also.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:25 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

You can't go by enrollment alone. Cookeville is one of the top 5 largest schools and they lose to 3A Upperman. Have a couple of blind squirrel years about 15 years ago.

Baskin has no rapport with the kids McGavock has to have to compete. They are all going to the 4 mentioned earlier.  He is also a  step down in pure football knowledge from Gore. The problem at McGavock has not been a scheme problem, it is a Jimmys and Joes problem and Baskin has no cure for that. 

In five years half the programs in Metro will not be able to finish a season. Kids now will not stick around a losing program. Easier to quit.

To find the problem with the athletic department at McGavock you need to look no further than Friendship Christian, Donelson Christian, Mt Juliet Christian, Goodpasture and Pope John Paul II.  This does not even take into account the students that live in the Donelson & Hermitage area that elect to attend Hume Fogg or MLK magnet schools.  

11 minutes ago, cbg said:

To find the problem with the athletic department at McGavock you need to look no further than Friendship Christian, Donelson Christian, Mt Juliet Christian, Goodpasture and Pope John Paul II.  This does not even take into account the students that live in the Donelson & Hermitage area that elect to attend Hume Fogg or MLK magnet schools.  

The real players are going to one of the four schools being successful due to open zone which is an invitation to recruiting. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

Metro is 2 coaches shy of it's goal. KInda makes you wonder why the other schools are not enjoying the success of the top 4 schools. Maybe that is not the answer! Overton went this route thinking that is the answer to returning to the elite. McGavock probably thinking this way also.

About to be one shy

28 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

The real players are going to one of the four schools being successful due to open zone which is an invitation to recruiting. 

The real players are going to the top D2AAA schools and then the less successful or smaller private schools.  I am very familiar with the McGavock zone.  As early as the 1970's the zone was losing very good athletes to Goodpasture, Lipscomb and Father Ryan.  

On 5/23/2021 at 10:25 PM, MichaelMyers76 said:

You can't go by enrollment alone. Cookeville is one of the top 5 largest schools and they lose to 3A Upperman. Have a couple of blind squirrel years about 15 years ago.

Baskin has no rapport with the kids McGavock has to have to compete. They are all going to the 4 mentioned earlier.  He is also a  step down in pure football knowledge from Gore. The problem at McGavock has not been a scheme problem, it is a Jimmys and Joes problem and Baskin has no cure for that. 

In five years half the programs in Metro will not be able to finish a season. Kids now will not stick around a losing program. Easier to quit.

I was back in Georgia 15 years ago, so I will take your word for it. I have always continued to keep up with the playoffs in Tennessee, so I know they didn’t make any deep playoff runs. 

17 minutes ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

Nashville is hiring boys to be the coaches based on race.  That's the only thing they care about.  

Even though I don’t wanna go down your worm hole but what about the rest of the state? Metro have plenty of coaches of different races and backgrounds.

15 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Even though I don’t wanna go down your worm hole but what about the rest of the state? Metro have plenty of coaches of different races and backgrounds.

BS. This is not about the rest of the state. This is about metro football . This message board is football. There is a mindset currently that only a black coach can get kids to play football. I see this working in 4 schools only. But McGavock is heading this way. Metro principals whether being influenced or not are hiring this way . 

Edited by fb247

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

BS. This is not about the rest of the state. This is about metro football . This message board is football. There is a mindset currently that only a black coach can get kids to play football. I see this working in 4 schools only. But McGavock is heading this way. Metro principals whether being influenced or not are hiring this way . 

O this is only about metro football only? What is Burnetti then? Why do you think metro principals are being influenced? The kids,parents etc?

Edited by FBfan26