Jay Gore steps down at McGavock

Just now, FBfan26 said:

What is Burnetti then? Lol

Tony Brunetti is Italian haha.  I would call Tony the exception to the rule and even when he got hired the previous head coach (Maurice Fitzgerald) was lobbying hard for William Johnson (Stratford, Marshall County, and later Cordova) to get the job.  

This is classic.... reading these ridiculous one sided comments and I'm not even African American, but I am a realist . The first thing to address is who are the non black coaches applying for these jobs ? Are they worth a darn? Are they invested in metro or can handle the daily struggles ? Or will the run off after 2 years ? It's not easy there , you don't think they would love to have the set up of Oakland and Ensworth ? Their day job and football job is tougher than anybody's in the state . I'm sure if the white coaches that interview were worth it and showed they can coach and in it for the long haul they would get a shot . The entitlement is showing , the previous comment about the rest of the state from the PC supporter is true , you guys complaining about African American coaches getting job in metro but then turn around and say they wouldn't get a job no where else lol so where do they get to coach ? I bet if you sat down and talked football with an Eddie woods , Anthony brown , Mose Phillips , Arcentae Broome , Jamaal Stewart , Tony Brunetti , Damien Harris , Chris Simpson , Fred Burnette , Brandon Woods , and several more that they would be knowledgeable and good enough to get a job anywhere but wouldn't cause of WHY they're black . I know quite a few of them  and heard about the rest . You guys don't know them and continue have an issue with them being hired . I guess if you're white and not from metro you should get a job .

On 5/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, fb247 said:

And no coach in metro now can get a job outside metro. Please don't mention the coach at MJCA because they are not even a good JV program to the top 4 in metro.

I see you have moved the goal post since last time I called you out in this situation. I know for a fact that Damien Harris can get a job outside of metro. If he wasn't Pearl Cohn threw and threw, he most definitely could. He coached at Marshall County, coached Dont'a Hightower. So stop speaking on metro coaches its clear you don't have a clue!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

10 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

This is classic.... reading these ridiculous one sided comments and I'm not even African American, but I am a realist . The first thing to address is who are the non black coaches applying for these jobs ? Are they worth a darn? Are they invested in metro or can handle the daily struggles ? Or will the run off after 2 years ? It's not easy there , you don't think they would love to have the set up of Oakland and Ensworth ? Their day job and football job is tougher than anybody's in the state . I'm sure if the white coaches that interview were worth it and showed they can coach and in it for the long haul they would get a shot . The entitlement is showing , the previous comment about the rest of the state from the PC supporter is true , you guys complaining about African American coaches getting job in metro but then turn around and say they wouldn't get a job no where else lol so where do they get to coach ? I bet if you sat down and talked football with an Eddie woods , Anthony brown , Mose Phillips , Arcentae Broome , Jamaal Stewart , Tony Brunetti , Damien Harris , Chris Simpson , Fred Burnette , Brandon Woods , and several more that they would be knowledgeable and good enough to get a job anywhere but wouldn't cause of WHY they're black . I know quite a few of them  and heard about the rest . You guys don't know them and continue have an issue with them being hired . I guess if you're white and not from metro you should get a job .

This message is spot on.  

11 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

The entitlement is showing in metro . These great coaches you speak of are enjoying the entitlement you speak of. 

11 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I see you have moved the goal post since last time I called you out in this situation. I know for a fact that Damien Harris can get a job outside of metro. If he wasn't Pearl Cohn threw and threw, he most definitely could. He coached at Marshall County, coached Dont'a Hightower. So stop speaking on metro coaches its clear you don't have a clue!!!

Was he the head coach? This conversation is about being a head coach.

Edited by fb247

46 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

You are entitled to your opinion, however, it doesn’t make it anymore accurate than any other one that differs from your’s.

I agree to disagree. Our whole world disagrees so why should coacht be the exception?

12 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

Does MNPS not pursue coaches from outside the system?  How do coaches from inner city schools in East St. Louis, Houston, Los Angeles or Miami win against not only other public schools but the big bad private schools?  It's past time for MNPS to get outside of their offices on Bransford Avneue and do the so called walk around the block and adopt the great things that other systems are doing.  Yes, it's not easy to teach and coach in MNPS but it's far from the worst school system in the country.  Now as far as the bureaucratic BS that MNPS teachers & coaches must deal with every day, that needs to stop immediately.