Macon County 2021

MCFAN3

The Tigers come off a 7-3 season while finishing second in the region for the third time in four years. The Tigers lose some quality players in the skill and lineman position, but return key players in QB Braydee Brooks, WR/DB Cameron Houston, OL/DL Mason Swindle, along with many others. MC looks to be on the rise under Shoulders, and they have a great Freshmen group coming up that dominated throughout middle school. The region shakes up very slightly as Upperman enters the region. However, the playoffs will look different as we will head southeast to the Chattanooga area. Thoughts?

On 5/9/2021 at 6:30 PM, MCFAN3 said:

The Tigers come off a 7-3 season while finishing second in the region for the third time in four years. The Tigers lose some quality players in the skill and lineman position, but return key players in QB Braydee Brooks, WR/DB Cameron Houston, OL/DL Mason Swindle, along with many others. MC looks to be on the rise under Shoulders, and they have a great Freshmen group coming up that dominated throughout middle school. The region shakes up very slightly as Upperman enters the region. However, the playoffs will look different as we will head southeast to the Chattanooga area. Thoughts?

MC should continue to improve under Shoulders, the playoff swap is a good thing for MC, they should be able to compete with region 3 teams, bad part is you would have to go through one of :Anderson, Greeneville, or Betsy. Definitely headed in the right direction though. :thumb: 

22 hours ago, TCRadio said:

MC should continue to improve under Shoulders, the playoff swap is a good thing for MC, they should be able to compete with region 3 teams, bad part is you would have to go through one of :Anderson, Greeneville, or Betsy. Definitely headed in the right direction though. :thumb: 

Once this freshman group is seniors or even juniors, I think they will make another run like the 03’ team. The group is unbelievably talented in all aspects as long as they stick together. As for this year, I believe MC will compete with Upperman for the region title. DeKalb is going to be younger but still have loads of talent. LA will be young this year and Stone I’m not so sure what they have coming back. Can Cumberland make some noise in the region this year or will they be the same ole Cumberland County?

MC has more of a local schedule this year as they open with Taylor Groves and East Robertson. And they will play old time rival Portland again this year as well as Westy, TC, and Smith. MC will be tougher than most think even with the losses of this past years seniors. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 7:22 AM, MCFAN3 said:

Once this freshman group is seniors or even juniors, I think they will make another run like the 03’ team. The group is unbelievably talented in all aspects as long as they stick together. As for this year, I believe MC will compete with Upperman for the region title. DeKalb is going to be younger but still have loads of talent. LA will be young this year and Stone I’m not so sure what they have coming back. Can Cumberland make some noise in the region this year or will they be the same ole Cumberland County?

MC has more of a local schedule this year as they open with Taylor Groves and East Robertson. And they will play old time rival Portland again this year as well as Westy, TC, and Smith. MC will be tougher than most think even with the losses of this past years seniors. 

I think MC goes 8-2, second place in region to Upperman. 

55 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

One of either Dekalb, Stone, or Trousdale. I say they go 2-3 in those game. The key for Macon is getting all the talent in the school to play, and have depth. 

Does Macon have a lot of talent not playing? Sounds like you are a Macon insider!

Edited by Sidelinehustler

22 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Does Macon have a lot of talent not playing? Sounds like you are a Macon insider!

When as school has 980 students, 42 on the football team....not hard to see why they have depth issues. When more kids play, more hidden gems get discovered. In contrast, Upperman has 850 students, and as of last I here, 74 in summer workouts. 

17 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

When as school has 980 students, 42 on the football team....not hard to see why they have depth issues. When more kids play, more hidden gems get discovered. In contrast, Upperman has 850 students, and as of last I here, 74 in summer workouts. 

I see. Not many on the team=lack of depth. Got ya. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

On 6/16/2021 at 9:58 AM, Haydiboy said:

Personally I don't know the Geography of Macon County but ive never understood  why red boiling springs doesn't coop with Macon in football .I looked at alabama high school database  and they only had 1 winning season  since they began as a program half of those would have been winless if wasn't  for Tennessee school for the deaf or Oakdale. If they cooped they'd at least they have 20 to 25 more kids 

If Red Boiling joined Macon, they would jump to 5a and being playing Beech and Galatin type teams each week. That's is the problem with that idea.