Region 1-A Early Outlook

baldeagle22

18 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

I think this will be a competitive league this season and nobody goes undefeated and there will be upsets along the way.

I’ll say

NG

Unaka

Cloudland

Hampton

UH

From what I’m hearing the league should be pretty balanced this year, but NG should still be the one to beat. 

3 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

From what I’m hearing the league should be pretty balanced this year, but NG should still be the one to beat. 

I think there will be a lot of good games in the league this year but I do agree that NG should be the team to beat. It should be a fun season and an exciting District and Regional tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think unaka will be better than cland.  The Lady landers return 3 of their biggest key players including Sahara McKinney.  They have 2 more very talented sophomores who played for a state championship in middle school.  They'll have 2 seniors, 2 juniors,  and a bunch of sophomores.  They did lose a good class but they have enough good players back to make them competitive against north greene

Edited by THE KING

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I don't think unaka will be better than cland.  The Lady landers return 3 of their biggest key players including Sahara McKinney.  They have 2 more very talented sophomores who played for a state championship in middle school.  They'll have 2 seniors, 2 juniors,  and a bunch of sophomores.  They did lose a good class but they have enough good players back to make them competitive against north greene

As long as Cloudland has Burchfield at the helm they’re gonna be competitive. Should be some really good games between all three teams this winter. 

On 5/28/2021 at 5:47 PM, THE KING said:

I agree 4 years ago when the girls that are seniors now were 8th graders chs was the top dog followed by hampton north green and unaka was very bad we beat them by at least 30 and so did hampton i dont think anything has changed to reverse that order

On 6/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, allsportsmatter said:

any news on how camp is going for area teams esp CHS

I saw a young Meigs team beat Cosby pretty good. I watched Cloudland play for about a half, they looked ok at times, but it’s just cap. They should have a decent 1A team.

1 hour ago, allsportsmatter said:

who were they playing and who won

They were playing Oliver Springs. they were winning when I left. So I don’t know the outcome but would say they won. OS is not very good.   They played Oakdale, Greenback, Karns, Oliver Springs. So you’re not going to really know how good they are playing those teams. And I don’t know if the coach had the starters out there together, a lot of coaches mix it up to see what they have in cap.