Region 1-A Early Outlook

baldeagle22

On 11/20/2021 at 12:51 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

NG plays Clarkrange tonight, so that should be a good test with a quality 1A opponent. I agree they’ll be prepared for a run by February. 

This is interesting.  I follow clarkrange and they replace the monday twins, Mckenzie pile,  and Chloe Howard 

22 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I watched both Cloudland and Hampton play South Greene on live streaming. I thought both teams played well for this time of year and should give North Greene a run for their money this season.

Hampton is already reaping the benefits of coach carpenter.  I knew they were getting some talented freshmen.  Gonna be some real battles on the horizon 

2 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

NG is struggling to find any offense right now. I think Unaka is probably the early favorite with Hampton and Cloudland in the mix. If things don’t get better I could see NG finishing 3rd in this league.

I'm not surprised at NG's record so far, as they've played a tough schedule. But I am shocked with how much trouble they had putting Happy Valley away.

12 hours ago, 99SportsFan said:

NG is struggling to find any offense right now. I think Unaka is probably the early favorite with Hampton and Cloudland in the mix. If things don’t get better I could see NG finishing 3rd in this league.

Cland has a long way to go.  They lost 80 percent of their offense from last year and still trying to find their identity.   

33 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Cland has a long way to go.  They lost 80 percent of their offense from last year and still trying to find their identity.   

I've watched this group for years, and I've been saying the same thing about them all along the way: They're gonna be just fine on defense. But if they aren't hitting from outside, their offense struggles. 

1 hour ago, baldeagle22 said:

I was also surprised to see that, but maybe a win will pick their confidence back up and send them in the right direction . 

I sure hope so. Wins definitely are confidence boosters and I think their upcoming schedule is favorable for some wins. Personally I’m not too worried about the win/loss record as much as I am about how they are playing, but it is only November so we’ll see how things go the rest of the season.