Region 1-A Early Outlook

baldeagle22

16 hours ago, THE KING said:

Almost conference time.  We have 4 teams with potential to make the state tournament.  From what I've seen so far, Hampton and cland are darkhorses.  North greene and unaka will be an interesting matchup with lyndie on the floor.  

Those are 4 really good teams to represent in the regional. 1through 4 it's the best it's been in a few years 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:40 PM, baldeagle22 said:

Starting to see a couple more players become offensive threats adding on to the ones they already have. Very disciplined defensively. Good to see them get some good wins to get their confidence back up after some of the beatings they’ve taken. Curious to see how much better they’re gonna get as the season continues. 

Is Anderson still at North Green and playing??

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

She had 11 tonight In their game.

I saw her play twice in Greeneville's Ladies Classic holiday tournament. It's going to take some time before she is even close to playing like she is capable of playing. Just in time for the tournament. Hopefully.

She needs to get back her coordination on rebounds and catching passes, which I think she will. As a phenom rebounder she always had good hands. It's going to take some time for it all to come together.

Eleven points tonight is a sign of progress. She is truly a great player. I hope she finishes strong this season and that her future will include playing at the college level.

Lost a heartbreaker 42-38.  Takes a really good team to beat us at our place.  North greene is the only team to do it the last 3 years.  We just couldn't keep Anderson from getting the boards.  That limited our possessions but we were very aggressive on defense.  We've held teams to low scores all season.  

1 minute ago, THE KING said:

Lost a heartbreaker 42-38.  Takes a really good team to beat us at our place.  North greene is the only team to do it the last 3 years.  We just couldn't keep Anderson from getting the boards.  That limited our possessions but we were very aggressive on defense.  We've held teams to low scores all season.  

Sounds like a good competitive game. I'm curious what Unaka does against both teams. 

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Brook Anderson must have gotten back in the groove, quickly. Evidently, the one thing she didn't have to regain is her basketball IQ.

14 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Brook Anderson must have gotten back in the groove, quickly. Evidently, the one thing she didn't have to regain is her basketball IQ.

We did a good job denying her.  The guards hurt us more than anything by drawing fouls and executing on the line.  Anderson is so much taller than anyone we've got, it was hard to get second chances on offense.  We have a girl just like her in 8th grade lol