Region 1-A Early Outlook

baldeagle22

6 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

We were talking about Newport and Grandview Friday and said Grandview is probably 15 points better than Newport overall. 

We are very similar to TA Dugger and liberty Bell.  We had an overtime game with liberty bell over the summer.  We can't press as aggressively as those teams because we're not as deep.  The things that hurt us right now,  is inconsistent shooting and being too soft on defense.  When we play to our potential,  i think we are among the top ten 1A middle school teams in the state.  I know we are second or third best in section 1.  

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Anderson is a beast. Wouldn’t suprise me if y’all won it all with her on the floor. She keeps y’all in every game. 

We have a girl close to her size in 8th grade.  Right now, she's just too sweet.  She's like a daughter to me and I've tried working with her all summer on being aggressive and going up strong with the ball.  If she fulfills her potential,  we'll be a threat to win it all in a couple years 

2 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We have a girl close to her size in 8th grade.  Right now, she's just too sweet.  She's like a daughter to me and I've tried working with her all summer on being aggressive and going up strong with the ball.  If she fulfills her potential,  we'll be a threat to win it all in a couple years 

Who are you with?? Cloudland. 

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Anderson is a beast. Wouldn’t suprise me if y’all won it all with her on the floor. She keeps y’all in every game. 

Possible but teams are starting to figure out to go 5 guards and run them to death. NG has had a tough time stopping teams with speed which is why SG and Hampton played them so tough. Anderson is a great shot blocker but if you can get her out in space then that’s a huge advantage. Gonna be a great next two months of basketball though that’s for sure. 

Edited by RodgerDodger32
Typo

2 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Possible but teams are starting to figure out to go 5 guards and run them to death. NG has had a tough time stopping teams with speed which is why SG and Hampton played them so tough. Anderson is a great shot blocker but if you can get her out in space then that’s a huge advantage. Gonna be a great next two months of basketball though that’s for sure. 

I agree if a quick run you to death type team is hitting there shots they can run you out of the gym, but what if the shots aren’t falling is where I am coming from?? Somebody has to guard her. McKenzie is dominant here and Gleason is pretty good, but neither IMO have anyone to guard her. Pickett, Clarkrange, Clay County there will be two of them maybe Greenfield, Wayne County or a Houston County. Don’t know exactly on your end. But another point is these type of teams have a history of getting up there and the rim shrinks too some times.  Just saying. 

Edited by pioneer42

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree if a quick run you to death type team is hitting there shots they can run you out of the gym, but what if the shots aren’t falling is where I am coming from?? Somebody has to guard her. McKenzie is dominant here and Gleason is pretty good, but neither IMO have anyone to guard her. Pickett, Clarkrange, Clay County there will be two of them maybe Greenfield, Wayne County or a Houston County. Don’t know exactly on your end. But another point is these type of teams have a history of getting up there and the rim shrinks too some times.  Just saying. 

Very true. NG has done much better when they slowed the game down and utilized Anderson and Davenport inside. I would bet that’s what they do going forward. She seems to be getting her groove back.