Region 1-A Early Outlook

baldeagle22

20 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Lost pretty bad....our boys play little Milligan Tuesday night..any info on them?

The thing I'd say about Little Milligan is their offense is very solid, their defense is alittle suspect from time to time. In the county tournament weekend before last, they did let Unaka (a hard-nosed team, but their offense is kinda anemic) score 50 on them.

So, you've got to be able to score to beat them, cause they're gonna get their points. With the difficulty NG had scoring on Lamar the other night, I'd say it might be tough sledding against LM.

Edited by crazzyness

4 hours ago, crazzyness said:

The thing I'd say about Little Milligan is their offense is very solid, their defense is alittle suspect from time to time. In the county tournament weekend before last, they did let Unaka (a hard-nosed team, but their offense is kinda anemic) score 50 on them.

So, you've got to be able to score to beat them, cause they're gonna get their points. With the difficulty NG had scoring on Lamar the other night, I'd say it might be tough sledding against LM.

Good info thanks!...whoever wins will have a huge test the next game. Newport grammar has a guard that could play for a lot of high schools. One of the better middle schoolers I’ve seen. 

3 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Good info thanks!...whoever wins will have a huge test the next game. Newport grammar has a guard that could play for a lot of high schools. One of the better middle schoolers I’ve seen. 

Cland girls play Newport at 4 Thursday.  Both teams were sloppy tonight.  Our big girl gives us an advantage against them.  I say we take a close game by 5. 

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'm impressed with their #12 and #24. If we can hem them 2 up and limit their offense then we can win.  I was surprised to see them struggle with Sulphur springs 

When NG played them at home in regular season, they were missing the smaller guard. Without her, they did not seem very good at all. I think you all will win and possibly by 10+. Your all's pressure will get to them. 

35 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

When NG played them at home in regular season, they were missing the smaller guard. Without her, they did not seem very good at all. I think you all will win and possibly by 10+. Your all's pressure will get to them. 

I appreciate your vote of confidence.  We have our own flaws that could do us in but if we can come out and play in sync like we did back in december then i feel like we'll be the ones facing grandview.