Greenback 2021

orngnblk

1 hour ago, Greenbackpride said:

He indeed was a Great coach.  But new opportunities  r opened up.  A very talented class is here. The players make the program not the coach.  The coach that falls into this group  will be just fine!!!!

Your team in 20 wasn't a bad team, playing a good Loudon team followed by the 2A runner up probably hurt your chances of improving so early in the season. You had good talent at the skill positions last year and they were young. If you can develop a good line this year you will be much improved in my opinion. I peeked at your schedule a while back, and moving the Loudon game to mid season will really help your chances. Im not saying you will beat them, but you will definitely give them a better game having been able to learn and adjust playing some easier games beforehand. Just my 2cents.

1 hour ago, Greenbackpride said:

He indeed was a Great coach.  But new opportunities  r opened up.  A very talented class is here. The players make the program not the coach.  The coach that falls into this group  will be just fine!!!!

Agreed talent is key but so is offensive schemes and player development. I’m a huge GB fan but Ryan will be missed a ton. He could scheme for defenses very well and was great in player development especially at QB. This isn’t meant as a slight in any way so please don’t take it that way. GB has always been a solid program with flashes of occasional greatness. It wasn’t until after Ryan took over that the perennial power tag was added. My question is how much of the staff will remain after the new HC is named. Most small school staffs are primarily volunteers or token compensated at best. It’s usually an all or nothing deal it seems. We are currently facing the same type scenario with the HC and majority of staff needing replaced with little time to do it. I’m sure whoever is CGR’s replacement will be qualified but to think whoever replaces him will just continue on where he left off is an optimistic expectation I would think. Granted GB is in a great area and has a great brand to sell to prospective coaching candidates so hopefully y’all don’t miss a beat. Best of luck in your search. 

Edited by crow

1 hour ago, crow said:

Agreed talent is key but so is offensive schemes and player development. I’m a huge GB fan but Ryan will be missed a ton. He could scheme for defenses very well and was great in player development especially at QB. This isn’t meant as a slight in any way so please don’t take it that way. GB has always been a solid program with flashes of occasional greatness. It wasn’t until after Ryan took over that the perennial power tag was added. My question is how much of the staff will remain after the new HC is named. Most small school staffs are primarily volunteers or token compensated at best. It’s usually an all or nothing deal it seems. We are currently facing the same type scenario with the HC and majority of staff needing replaced with little time to do it. I’m sure whoever is CGR’s replacement will be qualified but to think whoever replaces him will just continue on where he left off is an optimistic expectation I would think. Granted GB is in a great area and has a great brand to sell to prospective coaching candidates so hopefully y’all don’t miss a beat. Best of luck in your search. 

GREAT post.Players do make the program but coaches like Ryan make a good program Great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenbackpride said:

Yes we have a lot of talent and more coming up.I hope we can get a coach that can get it done early.Not having a solid line yet will cause us some issues but our skills are as good as anyone.

• Like 1

I hate to see him leave because I consider him a good friend. He is a heck of a coach and great at getting the best out of players. The thing I hate the most is where he is going. It’s almost as bad as if he had left for Grace. 
  Now on to the big question who do we get to replace him and how soon.