Greenback 2021

orngnblk

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

It would be interesting to see who all applied. This one is a head scratcher for me. I would have thought Greenback would have had plenty of applications.  Does he have local ties at GB

Complete head scratcher.Previous poster said they had quite a few applicants and some from out of State.Mike Casteel is principal and is a Maryville grad also so I assume that's the tie that binds because why else would you hire a coach that had been fired for using an ineligible player and a win loss record that is this bad.Greenback is a lucrative job in my opinion.A team that could have easily made 5 trips in a row to the Championship.

• Thanks 1

How did the last guy work out that had Maryville ties, should I say anymore. I realize the guy coached Meth County ,I mean Union County for two years and had a 5-15 record which actually should of qualified for coach of the year for winning a game at all at that place. I went to a game in 2016 where Sweetwater came to Knoxville with a 6-1 record against GCA and lost 55-0 and that was actually the best year this coach had. That's when I had one of those OH $#it moments when I heard who the hire was yesterday. Because a guy played for George Quarles don't mean he knows the colonels secret recipe. The only thing Greenback can do now is get behind the new coach like it or not and if things don't work out run Casteel out of town, one of the guys that made Herschel Walker famous one Saturday Night at Neyland Stadium in 1980.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Complete head scratcher.Previous poster said they had quite a few applicants and some from out of State.Mike Casteel is principal and is a Maryville grad also so I assume that's the tie that binds because why else would you hire a coach that had been fired for using an ineligible player and a win loss record that is this bad.Greenback is a lucrative job in my opinion.A team that could have easily made 5 trips in a row to the Championship.

I wish nothing but the best for the coach and Greenbacks program. Hopefully it was the right hire 

I'm a bit surprised Tim Hammontree didn't try to return back home to get out of that mess at Heritage High especially after about 30 showed up for spring practice out there. Heritage is full of prospective football players but most boys out there want to join the job field early in life to support that truck payment. When I passed by there a few weeks ago and only saw a few dressed out at practice I just about ran off into the ditch when seen that. 

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm a bit surprised Tim Hammontree didn't try to return back home to get out of that mess at Heritage High especially after about 30 showed up for spring practice out there. Heritage is full of prospective football players but most boys out there want to join the job field early in life to support that truck payment. When I passed by there a few weeks ago and only saw a few dressed out at practice I just about ran off into the ditch when seen that. 

I wondered about him myself. You would have thought that he would have been interested. 

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hammontree and Casteel probably wouldn't have got along...hard feelings...cause from what I heard way back was that Tim removed him and another coach from the staff; back when Tim was at Maryville.

54 minutes ago, cherokean said:

Hammontree and Casteel probably wouldn't have got along...hard feelings...cause from what I heard way back was that Tim removed him and another coach from the staff; back when Tim was at Maryville.

Correct and there is another reason why any Coach with GB ties was not hired.Cant discuss just yet but alot of Folks were and are not happy with this whole Situation.I pray that the two previous stops on his resume was just no win situations because if we drop like an anchor like Sweetwater did each year he was there it wont be a good experience for the hired nor the one who hired.We wont accept being a bottom dweller.The one good thing is as of now the staff is still here and will help him along.

• Like 2