Greenback 2021

orngnblk

On 6/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, Red Rebels said:

He played for GQ. That GQ style offense will be hard to stop on that 65 yard wide CFL field at South Pittsburg. I bet they cross the 55 yard line many times and never punt on 3rd down.

DeafeningGenerousFirefly-size_restricted

What position did he play for GQ?

I forgot about Hammontree  letting Casteel go from the staff. As one friend put it back then Casteel was trying to be a Ken Donahue II and it was running the kids off. Hope it all works out though. The Sweetwater thing worries me but then again in most small communities today your only going to have a good crop every few years now the way parents and the kids are.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Hearing today one of the Greenback players entered the Transfer Portal for Alcoa. Sometimes that grass ain't so green over the hill and may spend a lot of time on the bench while their buddies are all playing back home, just saying.

Yes #4 Duggan has left for the Ring capital of Tenn.He joins another X Cherokee Tyler Jefferies.Duggan as Jefferies played as and Eighth grader and got to play in the 2019 State game.He was a very good 1A ball player.I have no idea why he would transfer to a team like Alcoa other than to assure getting 3 rings to wear.At 5 foot 6 or 7 and about 140 to 150 he will struggle to get in the starting rotation for the Tornadoes.We wish him good luck in his endeavors.As I have said before if you dont want to be here then I hope you find a place you do.We need kids to sell out for our program.Especially right now!SMH!Good luck to him and his family.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yes #4 Duggan has left for the Ring capital of Tenn.He joins another X Cherokee Tyler Jefferies.Duggan as Jefferies played as and Eighth grader and got to play in the 2019 State game.He was a very good 1A ball player.I have no idea why he would transfer to a team like Alcoa other than to assure getting 3 rings to wear.At 5 foot 6 or 7 and about 140 to 150 he will struggle to get in the starting rotation for the Tornadoes.We wish him good luck in his endeavors.As I have said before if you dont want to be here then I hope you find a place you do.We need kids to sell out for our program.Especially right now!SMH!Good luck to him and his family.

LRDAO… that Rankin man has learned how to orchestrate.  You think Im joking but im not.

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Personally I would rather play for a school like Greenback knowing I was going to be starting and may play 10 games or maybe 11 or 12 this year than be on the 4th quarter mop up squad. Have a nephew that played for Maryville a couple years ago that has one of those rings and transferred to GCA in Knoxville for last two years and had the time of his life and wouldn't trade it for all the rings in the world. Had he stayed at Maryville he would have had limited playing time so take it from Barney I watched a unhappy small fish in a big pond go to a big fish in a small pond and no regrets. You boys had the QB from Maryville 2 years ago come down there and lite the field up and I promise you he had no regrets.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Better check Gary's height chart before renting one of them new apartments.

73a1893cb9aee5028e54342d5654a418_(1)-001

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, reaction said:

I know. I want to know how GB will look week 1. Wish I could go, but I'll be in Gatlinburg for a tournament...

I plan on being at our scrimmage against Greenback. I'll give an update for both teams when it happens.

• Like 2