Greenback 2021

orngnblk

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

My only thoughts was to even mustard out a win at Union County was an accomplishment in itself but I would feel at Sweetwater you would be able to find some decent athletes and be able to ride high in 2A with that in mind but never happened. Who knows the place might be in a bigger mess there then we know. My first job at Greenback as coach would be getting in contact with D.R. Horton and getting a couple hundred houses built just over the county line.

I will aree to some extent Barn,those 2 wins came against Grainger 2-8 and either Claiborne or CGap which also was a 2-8 team.In 2015 they scored a total of 13 points in 2 games and were scoreless in all the others and werent close to competing against any team all blowouts.So yes in the back of my mind I am saying "This is GB!"We are not a Sweetwater any time we play them we roast them and we are not Union County,we have scrimmaged them a couple times and beat their brakes off.What worries me a little is in 2013 we had a 3 way scrimmage with Polk and Union at Polk right before season, 2 of our best players didnt even play one was my youngest son who was a Sr had a bad shoulder at the time.Union had 1 series with Polk and 1 against us.Their kids were puking and whining the whole scrimmage and were in terrible shape.Next thing we saw was the whole team Coaches included loaded the bus and left!Just plain quit thats the part that bothers me.This fellow was their Coach at that time.Maybe things have changed and he has learned a little bit more over the past 5 or 6 years.We wont accept those actions here.So to say I'm worried yes I am!,Will I support our boys yes I will as I always have.This is a wait and see season.I cant wait to see what we have but we have another tough schedule as always.That first game against Boyd is gonna be a tough one to start with!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I will aree to some extent Barn,those 2 wins came against Grainger 2-8 and either Claiborne or CGap which also was a 2-8 team.In 2015 they scored a total of 13 points in 2 games and were scoreless in all the others and werent close to competing against any team all blowouts.So yes in the back of my mind I am saying "This is GB!"We are not a Sweetwater any time we play them we roast them and we are not Union County,we have scrimmaged them a couple times and beat their brakes off.What worries me a little is in 2013 we had a 3 way scrimmage with Polk and Union at Polk right before season, 2 of our best players didnt even play one was my youngest son who was a Sr had a bad shoulder at the time.Union had 1 series with Polk and 1 against us.Their kids were puking and whining the whole scrimmage and were in terrible shape.Next thing we saw was the whole team Coaches included loaded the bus and left!Just plain quit thats the part that bothers me.This fellow was their Coach at that time.Maybe things have changed and he has learned a little bit more over the past 5 or 6 years.We wont accept those actions here.So to say I'm worried yes I am!,Will I support our boys yes I will as I always have.This is a wait and see season.I cant wait to see what we have but we have another tough schedule as always.That first game against Boyd is gonna be a tough one to start with!!

Is that Boyd game at your place or Boyd?

17 hours ago, orngnblk said:

In 2013 Union County won 3 games and one of them they beat Knox Halls. Fulton was the only beating they took but everyone got killed by them that year. Actually that may have been the best year they had until the Kerr's came to town. Not sure if he was there one or two years because everything you google you have to subscribe to one of the local communist newspapers to find out but 2014 they were 2-8 and still in a few games they lost even Halls. The very next year in 2015 is where they went 0-10 and couldn't beat any of their opponents cheerleading squads had they chose to have played them instead but he was at Sweetwater at the time. Maynardville/Union County has been throughout history the worst football team Tennessee has had to offer and the death bed for many coaches. Not sure why they let the man go but the reasons were really boloney in my book. They should of signed him up for a lifetime instead unless they just love to lose there which I gather. There may be some hope is the only reason I posted this. Casteel I'm sure had his reasons and he can sometimes seem hard to deal with or understand but I like many others want GB to keep a rolling. It's hard to lose a coach like you just had and expect someone better to take his place but I do hope everyone gives the new guy a chance and works out.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

In 2013 Union County won 3 games and one of them they beat Knox Halls. Fulton was the only beating they took but everyone got killed by them that year. Actually that may have been the best year they had until the Kerr's came to town. Not sure if he was there one or two years because everything you google you have to subscribe to one of the local communist newspapers to find out but 2014 they were 2-8 and still in a few games they lost even Halls. The very next year in 2015 is where they went 0-10 and couldn't beat any of their opponents cheerleading squads had they chose to have played them instead but he was at Sweetwater at the time. Maynardville/Union County has been throughout history the worst football team Tennessee has had to offer and the death bed for many coaches. Not sure why they let the man go but the reasons were really boloney in my book. They should of signed him up for a lifetime instead unless they just love to lose there which I gather. There may be some hope is the only reason I posted this. Casteel I'm sure had his reasons and he can sometimes seem hard to deal with or understand but I like many others want GB to keep a rolling. It's hard to lose a coach like you just had and expect someone better to take his place but I do hope everyone gives the new guy a chance and works out.

Wasnt for sure if he was at UCHS in 15 or not.Wininng 5 games at UC is definitely a plus.They let him go because he played a player who was medically ineligible at the time.The players parents said he could play but was not released by the Dr.(at least that's the story the paper wrote).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

https://archive.knoxnews.com/sports/high-school/union-county-football-coach-fired-over-player-safety-issue-ep-928879937-353569741.html/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The positive though is that he did coach there two years and had a 5-15 record with a 28 game losing streak before he got there and a 21 game losing streak after he left. Sounds almost similar to the situation when Derek Rang went to take a leak during a test and lost his job and Powell went to the dog house for 6 long years. Even back in my day at Maryville Coach Wilson would go to the library where the copier was to run off copies of the test for history and while he was gone I would run up to his desk and read out the answers to the whole class and everyone would make an A+. Good thing that didn't happen today or Maryville would be have to forfeit for cheating on test and Coach Wilson would got fired for leaving the class while something like that was going on when he left.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:44 AM, Jim1972 said:

Sounds like your in the know.Word in South Knox is same thing.Was told your Maryville Alum Principle wasn't even gonna entertain a Coach with Gteenback ties or Blood.VERY SAD IN MY OPINION.Over 60 applicants and you hire a coach who tanked at both stops and pulled SW to the bottom in 3 years,resigned from coaching and gets hired at one of the best 1A jobs in the State.Home cooking a recon.If he doesn't keep them in the hunt next year,from what I hear they will be very young this year.Then he needs to be ran out of Loudon ASAP!Don't let him ruin you all!!!!!Looking at his facebook he seems to be more interested in his looks than his coaching.GLAMOUR COACH.LOL!

Same word up here on The Reservation. Might need a HC AND a principal search in the near future seems to me. 

• Like 1