Greenback 2021

orngnblk

23 hours ago, crow said:

He absolutely was the coach when we scrimmaged them and we roasted them as well. They were poorly coached with no fundamentals and the entire staff was babying the team. No correction of mistakes or coaching going on. Just a bunch of “good try” and “you’ll get ‘em next time” football philosophy seemed to me. I hope that’s not what he brings to The Nation. In my book this could possibly be the worst hire in the entire coaching search this year, at least in the East. He might do just fine but Greenback could’ve hired and certainly deserved a better coach. When this blows up it should take Casteel’s sleeves off with it when it does. 

I know one community that is loving the hire. Talk to a good friend of mine who graduated from Coalfield 2 years before me. And they are ecstatic about Ryan leaving and us getting the Maryville guy.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I know one community that is loving the hire. Talk to a good friend of mine who graduated from Coalfield 2 years before me. And they are ecstatic about Ryan leaving and us getting the Maryville guy.

Oh I bet.  You guys return a lot.  You have pretty much your entire line back, and with decent size.  You still got your OC, right?  Unless the HC is just a bonehead, I think you will do better than you think.  

7 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Oh I bet.  You guys return a lot.  You have pretty much your entire line back, and with decent size.  You still got your OC, right?  Unless the HC is just a bonehead, I think you will do better than you think.  

We graduated two lineman I think last year we return some but they're very young we only have four seniors and two Juniors on this team and three freshmen I think they told me the rest of them are sophomores and 8th graders we're very young and our line is not very good right now. Supposed to have a big group of 8th graders coming in next year I think we're a year away from being pretty good. And our offensive coordinator was our head coach. He also helped a lot and getting the defense ready although the defensive coordinator as of right now is still here from what I know. Right now I pick us as a three or four seed with a good possibility of not even making the playoffs. It's according to what Oliver Springs and Harriman have I definitely have Midway and Cofield ahead of us right now.

15 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Less than 30 kids total also.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We graduated two lineman I think last year we return some but they're very young we only have four seniors and two Juniors on this team and three freshmen I think they told me the rest of them are sophomores and 8th graders we're very young and our line is not very good right now. Supposed to have a big group of 8th graders coming in next year I think we're a year away from being pretty good. And our offensive coordinator was our head coach. He also helped a lot and getting the defense ready although the defensive coordinator as of right now is still here from what I know. Right now I pick us as a three or four seed with a good possibility of not even making the playoffs. It's according to what Oliver Springs and Harriman have I definitely have Midway and Cofield ahead of us right now.

You lost #54 Alexander I believe it was, and did #55 graduate? 

36 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Less than 30 kids total also.

Not sure the total number of kids has ever hurt Greenback but the inexperience is hard to overcome against the better teams. Greenback will be back but I expect us to be down when that happens. I miss the battles between the two teams at their strongest.

4 hours ago, piratetom said:

Not sure the total number of kids has ever hurt Greenback but the inexperience is hard to overcome against the better teams. Greenback will be back but I expect us to be down when that happens. I miss the battles between the two teams at their strongest.

I just hate not knowing!LOL.We usually know the coaching will overcome some of the inexperience.