Greenback 2021

orngnblk

On 12/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Holy Cow. . How do you guys keep your middle school athletes from hitting the transfer portal. 

Alcoa has two starters from Greenback.Both played as 8th graders left after our last Championship appearance in 2019 after their 9th grade season actually Bubba (Virginia Commit) left after our first game in 2020 started two weeks later at Alcoa.Both started as Sophomores at Alcoa.Those would have helped us tremendously the past 2 years.But this hack has put us years behind with his horrible coaching. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Alcoa has two starters from Greenback.Both played as 8th graders left after our last Championship appearance in 2019 after their 9th grade season actually Bubba (Virginia Commit) left after our first game in 2020 started two weeks later at Alcoa.Both started as Sophomores at Alcoa.Those would have helped us tremendously the past 2 years.But this hack has put us years behind with his horrible coaching. 

Interesting. Alcoa fans keep telling me all the athletes are home grown. Played together for generations since grade school. So the kids left because the coaching at Greenback is poor. 

On 12/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, IPOPU2022 said:

Holy Cow. . How do you guys keep your middle school athletes from hitting the transfer portal. 

Well I’m not actually a greenback local, just a fan. Who said they don’t lol. Ask Alcoa how Tyler “Bubba” Jeffries is doing lol. Then again they also get their share occasionally as well. Only thing is seems the 1A crowd only remember the ones that come into GB not the ones that leave :popcorneater:

57 minutes ago, crow said:

Well I’m not actually a greenback local, just a fan. Who said they don’t lol. Ask Alcoa how Tyler “Bubba” Jeffries is doing lol. Then again they also get their share occasionally as well. Only thing is seems the 1A crowd only remember the ones that come into GB not the ones that leave :popcorneater:

Apparently they not only remember but know that they’re losing athletes to Alcoa. Explains the constant flow of talent. . 

15 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Apparently they not only remember but know that they’re losing athletes to Alcoa. Explains the constant flow of talent. . 

Yes the transfers go both ways just like everywhere else. My point was that many fans of other 1A and some 2A programs tend to act as if Greenback only receives transfers. Those folks seem to forget that Greenback has lost as many or more impactful players over the last several years also. 

43 minutes ago, crow said:

Yes the transfers go both ways just like everywhere else. My point was that many fans of other 1A and some 2A programs tend to act as if Greenback only receives transfers. Those folks seem to forget that Greenback has lost as many or more impactful players over the last several years also. 

Well heck ya. . You lost 2 kids that start as Sophomores at ALCOA. That says an awful lot about how kids are free to move around. Probably need to do something about “open enrollment”. Where i live my niece couldn’t go to an elementary school that my aunt teaches because she wasn’t zoned for it. This is a City School with 5 K-5 schools. And both schools were less than 2mi apart. Where you LIVE needs to matter. It’s not fair to local taxpayers to pay to educate kids that don’t live in their community. My City won’t allow kids to pick an choose even the grade school they attend. Much less just go wherever they want without the parents moving. I’ve heard Alcoa fans say “can you blame a kid for wanting to play for a successful program”. Kids need to play where they live and are zoned. IF the parents want them to play somewhere else then Move. It’s that simple. 

7 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Well heck ya. . You lost 2 kids that start as Sophomores at ALCOA. That says an awful lot about how kids are free to move around. Probably need to do something about “open enrollment”. Where i live my niece couldn’t go to an elementary school that my aunt teaches because she wasn’t zoned for it. This is a City School with 5 K-5 schools. And both schools were less than 2mi apart. Where you LIVE needs to matter. It’s not fair to local taxpayers to pay to educate kids that don’t live in their community. My City won’t allow kids to pick a choose even the grade school they attend. Much less just go wherever they want without the parents moving. I’ve heard Alcoa fans say “can you blame a kid for wanting to play for a successful program”. Kids need to play where they live and are zoned. IF the parents want them to play somewhere else then Move. It’s that simple. 

As far as I know all the transfers in and out did have legitimate residence moves. 

3 hours ago, crow said:

As far as I know all the transfers in and out did have legitimate residence moves. 

Well I’d hope that’s the case. Jus seems awfully fishy for 2 outstanding middle school athletes to “move” to Alcoa to go to HS. Has Alcoa got a track record of Rhodes Scholars. I highly doubt.