Greenback 2021

orngnblk

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

OB, Old Pirate been feeling mixed emotions on this situation. Congratulations to Coach Ryan but Obviously a huge loss for the Cherokee nation. Coach Ryan did a great job, sure he will be very hard to replace! Is there a quick list of hopefuls?

None that I know of.The program itself is attractive and the young talent that we will have in this Sophmore group and another VERY talented group that will be Freshman next year has to peak some interest but the pay from my understanding is not attractive,so I have my worries about getting a seasoned Coach that can further develop these players.Some seem to think that this talent alone can make us a contender but I have been around this team for near 40 years and was a player when Coach Satterfield took over and made us relevant back in 85 and we NEED a Coach who knows small school ball.It can be tough coaching at these small schools with so much tradition and I personally don't want to hand it to just anyone.Soooo we will see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Shane Jacobs is VERY happy at Peabody.   I'm certain after 3 consecutive State Titles he could of hired out to a much better job if he wanted one.

I dont think any of those coaches have anything to do with us.Unless Peabody is gonna loan him out for four years.:thumb:

• Like 1

Just now, FridayMainEvent said:

Shane Jacobs is VERY happy at Peabody.   I'm certain after 3 consecutive State Titles he could of hired out to a much better job if he wanted one.

Trust me I know he's very happy there and why wouldn't he be? He's potentially in the middle of a run we've only seen from schools like Alcoa and Maryville. The school system is giving him everything he needs and more. Also from what ive heard Peabody is no slouch when it comes to paying their coaches. 

16 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Is he the current coach of Peabody?

Of course not.  He left Peabody after winning the 2A championship and Peabody dropped down to 1A the next 2 years.  

He still left.  

To think any school at any level is immune to a coach leaving for more money/talent whether it's in the past or the future is a might big stretch. 

Coaching is a carousel.   More today than ever.

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

None that I know of.The program itself is attractive and the young talent that we will have in this Sophmore group and another VERY talented group that will be Freshman next year has to peak some interest but the pay from my understanding is not attractive,so I have my worries about getting a seasoned Coach that can further develop these players.Some seem to think that this talent alone can make us a contender but I have been around this team for near 40 years and was a player when Coach Satterfield took over and made us relevant back in 85 and we NEED a Coach who knows small school ball.It can be tough coaching at these small schools with so much tradition and I personally don't want to hand it to just anyone.Soooo we will see.

O&b man what about that Kilpatrick man?

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Of course not.  He left Peabody after winning the 2A championship and Peabody dropped down to 1A the next 2 years.  

He still left.  

To think any school at any level is immune to a coach leaving for more money/talent whether it's in the past or the future is a might big stretch. 

Coaching is a carousel.   More today than ever.

With current coach in place they are. If he stops coaching there it'll be for an administrative role.