Greenback 2021

orngnblk

18 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

None that I know of.The program itself is attractive and the young talent that we will have in this Sophmore group and another VERY talented group that will be Freshman next year has to peak some interest but the pay from my understanding is not attractive,so I have my worries about getting a seasoned Coach that can further develop these players.Some seem to think that this talent alone can make us a contender but I have been around this team for near 40 years and was a player when Coach Satterfield took over and made us relevant back in 85 and we NEED a Coach who knows small school ball.It can be tough coaching at these small schools with so much tradition and I personally don't want to hand it to just anyone.Soooo we will see.

Regards, Hopeful fix short!

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Roy,  I think they're looking for someone to teach Spanish maybe to fill a teacher's role as well.   Do you think @pegleg will fly them down to Mexico to get a coach like Grider did the first time?  

LRDAO....O&b man I think powerp quit flying with Pegleg.  He might fly you down there if you will operate the joy stick.  I garuntee I offered to get that tower man to get Grider to send in his application. Im not sure if Grider knowd Spanish though.  This Jones man is giving our boys Canadian sign language to get the plays in.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

None that I know of.The program itself is attractive and the young talent that we will have in this Sophmore group and another VERY talented group that will be Freshman next year has to peak some interest but the pay from my understanding is not attractive,so I have my worries about getting a seasoned Coach that can further develop these players.Some seem to think that this talent alone can make us a contender but I have been around this team for near 40 years and was a player when Coach Satterfield took over and made us relevant back in 85 and we NEED a Coach who knows small school ball.It can be tough coaching at these small schools with so much tradition and I personally don't want to hand it to just anyone.Soooo we will see.

Yep I 100% agree with this.  We struggled for year with that in the big games, but now I’m a firm believer it has been remedied.  #AllGasNoBrakes 

20 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO....O&b man I think powerp quit flying with Pegleg.  He might fly you down there if you will operate the joy stick.  I garuntee I offered to get that tower man to get Grider to send in his application. Im not sure if Grider knowd Spanish though.  This Jones man is giving our boys Canadian sign language to get the plays in.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy, I heard Tee Martin's boy transferred away from that Ryan mans new gig.   That O&b man better keep an eye out.  That Ryan man can orchestrate now without any hindrance. 

On 5/17/2021 at 4:47 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

Unfortunately this is the sad reality for most smaller schools. More money and bigger talent pools will always win out. I'd say there's literally only 1 current 1A school who's immune to this reality. If everyone is being honest you really can't blame the man for taking whatever Catholic is going to pay him and getting to coach tee martins boy. 

LMBO NVM about tee martins boy

On 5/19/2021 at 1:58 PM, WarEagleCartman said:

Anyway back to GB. What's the situation looking like?

Decision to be made with in next two weeks.Quiet a few applicants and a couple out of State have put their hat in the ring.Numbers are low this year about 30 kids 3 Srs and are Sophomore heavy and looks like a few talented 8th graders will be playing up this year.Looks like a good year for a coach to come in and get a young team ready for the near future.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 2:10 PM, Roy Dillard said:

LOPAO, What in the Cat Hair is this mess? Theys goin to be a HEEP of confused folkes. OP ain’t jest joking neither. NopeReconNot 

• 2 weeks later...