McMinn Central

charger05

18 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

They did just seems different  then how it used to be  ill always miss the englewood  rams feeder program 

I get it!  I understand both arguments.  I was on the side of merging when Pineknot and Dalton played for the simple reason, I felt the teams we were playing at Englewood were not that strong.  I also understood that in order for them to get better they needed to play better competition.  We played for the Knights two years before Pineknot went back to Englewood for his eighth grade season.  I felt it helped him though.  

The other side of it is that Englewood loses the rich tradition of their football program.  

I do like the the middle school program.  I think it can be beneficial if ran correctly.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:19 PM, Haydiboy said:

I've wondered that too. Sequoyah  and central are roughly about the same size .  I think central will be better the next two seasons depending on who they pick for a coach. Could you see masingale  taking the Charge as head coach?

Central and Sequoyah are not  that close in size. Central is about middle of AAA, Sequoyah is 5A. Also, Central's last JV game was at Sequoyah and was not close, Central was up around 30 points on the final, just after beating Walker Valley by about 3 TDs. Things were looking bright for the future. 

Warren requested to play down (with around 2,000 students!) and was denied, but actually was much more competitive this past season. I am surprised more don't try and play out of region when they've been struggling for some time but since it can foul up the classifications I'm sure the TSSAA doesn't want it too often.