York Football 2021

option76

My question is did the coach not teach a physical brand of football. This was the least physical York team I can remember seeing. One thing you could always count on even if York was down was they we’re gonna hit. I didn’t see that this year. Not taking a shot, I thought they would win region 2 this year. A coach bailing after year 2 seems par for the course unfortunately. 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, YAIDAD said:

Radio says the head coach was relieved of his duties. 

And it continues again. He seemed like a good coach from the outside looking in. Hard to build a program every two years. I do agree he underachieved big time this year with the potential they had. 

Edited by crow

16 hours ago, vandyfan13 said:

Interesting development, I know they were strong when I was in college in the 2000s.  If they underachieved this year, what do they have coming up?

I’m not sure what they have returning. They had several key players back last year from the 2020 season. 2021 just seemed to be a year it was falling into place with personnel but the results weren’t there. Had a key injury or two also. No idea what they’re returning next season. 

5 hours ago, crow said:

I’m not sure what they have returning. They had several key players back last year from the 2020 season. 2021 just seemed to be a year it was falling into place with personnel but the results weren’t there. Had a key injury or two also. No idea what they’re returning next season. 

Thanks. Will be interesting to see what happens.

11 hours ago, crow said:

The coach that was fired said they have 3 solid classes coming up and their JV went undefeated this season. Per: Donavan Stewart. 

4 hours ago, chs1984 said:

The coach that was fired said they have 3 solid classes coming up and their JV went undefeated this season. Per: Donavan Stewart. 

But instead of them coming into an established program they’re gonna be once again starting over with another coach. I can’t help but think if they could get a decent coach and the administration would keep their noses out of the locker room YAI would be much more successful. They’ve got the ingredients to be a handful most years if the “adults” would help them even a little bit. Hate it for them. 

20 minutes ago, crow said:

But instead of them coming into an established program they’re gonna be once again starting over with another coach. I can’t help but think if they could get a decent coach and the administration would keep their noses out of the locker room YAI would be much more successful. They’ve got the ingredients to be a handful most years if the “adults” would help them even a little bit. Hate it for them. 

Valid points. I know nothing about York, other than when I see scores reported. I just happened to read that in Stewart’s column. He didn’t indicate the reason for the change. 

• Upvote 1