South Pittsburg Bat Toters

OLD PIRATE

If this was the case?

GUIDELINES:
1. Cannot use the same pitcher three (3) days in a row regardless of number of pitches thrown.
2. If pitchers hit their END number, they are allowed to finish the batter in the box regardless of END number.
3. Highly recommended that a coach check with a coach on the opposing team between each half inning to make sure pitch counts are in congruent. (the same )
4. Home team would be final correct count.
5. Both teams would sign documentation pitch form at the end of each game.
6. The pitch count will apply to a player who pitches. JV pitch count and high school varsity pitch count would be linked together. Example – Pitcher A pitches Varsity on Monday 45 pitches, not allowed to pitch JV on Tuesday.
7. The pitch count applies to regular season and postseason.

TSSAA Pitch Count Rules (click to enlarge)
Edited by piratetom

2 minutes ago, piratetom said:

GUIDELINES:
1. Cannot use the same pitcher three (3) days in a row regardless of number of pitches thrown.
2. If pitchers hit their END number, they are allowed to finish the batter in the box regardless of END number.
3. Highly recommended that a coach check with a coach on the opposing team between each half inning to make sure pitch counts are in congruent. (the same )
4. Home team would be final correct count.
5. Both teams would sign documentation pitch form at the end of each game.
6. The pitch count will apply to a player who pitches. JV pitch count and high school varsity pitch count would be linked together. Example – Pitcher A pitches Varsity on Monday 45 pitches, not allowed to pitch JV on Tuesday.

TSSAA Pitch Count Rules (click to enlarge)

That’s different than the one they gave us this year...I’ve always thought it was that way. here’s the one they sent our school.

1. A player cannot pitch three (3) days in a row regardless of number of pitches thrown. Using a pitcher three (3) days in a row would violate the rule regarding using an ineligible player.
RULES:
 2. Each pitch will count as a pitch. Even if a pitcher surpasses a cutoff number, the pitch count will be exactly the number of pitches thrown. No pitch count will revert to another number. (ie. 120 pitches will be 120 pitches)
3. It is strongly recommended that coaches check with the opposing team between each half inning to make sure both teams agree to and record the same pitch count.
4. In case of disagreement, the home team’s count will be the final accepted count.
5. Both teams are required to sign each other’s pitch count form at the end of each game.
6. The pitch count will apply to any player who pitches and is cumulative each day. JV pitch count and
high school varsity pitch count are linked together. Example: a pitcher who pitches 45 Varsity pitches
on Monday is not permitted to pitch JV on Tuesday.
8. A pitcher may pitch in Game 1 of a doubleheader and return to pitch in Game 2 of the same
doubleheader. The pitches in Game 2 will be added to the Ga

3 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

That’s different than the one they gave us this year...I’ve always thought it was that way. here’s the one they sent our school.

1. A player cannot pitch three (3) days in a row regardless of number of pitches thrown. Using a pitcher three (3) days in a row would violate the rule regarding using an ineligible player.
RULES:
 2. Each pitch will count as a pitch. Even if a pitcher surpasses a cutoff number, the pitch count will be exactly the number of pitches thrown. No pitch count will revert to another number. (ie. 120 pitches will be 120 pitches)
3. It is strongly recommended that coaches check with the opposing team between each half inning to make sure both teams agree to and record the same pitch count.
4. In case of disagreement, the home team’s count will be the final accepted count.
5. Both teams are required to sign each other’s pitch count form at the end of each game.
6. The pitch count will apply to any player who pitches and is cumulative each day. JV pitch count and
high school varsity pitch count are linked together. Example: a pitcher who pitches 45 Varsity pitches
8. A pitcher may pitch in Game 1 of a doubleheader and return to pitch in Game 2 of the same

Sounds like some clarification needs to take place . What is correct , what is not.

6 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

RULES:

I've seen this.  

Not sure where?

Most likely online. 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Is it going to get looked at ? 

52 minutes ago, MCRaiderBaseball said:

I would think so. Got to know that 

From what I understand Jackson didn’t pitch in this mornings game.  He only came in relief at the end of this afternoons game.  So he should be fine.  Tssaa had it wrong 

59 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

I’m hearing Jackson threw to many pitches...cut off is 120 for a day and he went 128 according to tssaa stats 

That’s not accurate. They also had Cagle going 7 innings yesterday. Those TSSAA box scores haven’t been accurate at all for two days. I noticed it last night. Austin Jackson didn’t pitch the entire game this morning. He was pulled for Blake Owens. Javen Talley then finished the game in the 7th. The Pirates used 3 pitchers in the morning session and 2 in the afternoon game. He was 100% under 120 pitches today.  Great win guys! Proud of you. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SPHS09 said:

That’s not accurate. They also had Cagle going 7 innings yesterday. Those TSSAA box scores haven’t been accurate at all for two days. I noticed it last night. Austin Jackson didn’t pitch the entire game this morning. He was pulled for Blake Owens. Javen Talley then finished the game in the 7th. The Pirates used 3 pitchers in the morning session and 2 in the afternoon game. He was 100% under 120 pitches today.  Great win guys! Proud of you. 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

Leave it to the tssaa to screw something up...good win for you guys , hope you can make it to the big dance Friday. 

14 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

Thanks for the clarification as always!  Great win indeed.  It’s not easy once you are in the losers bracket.  We left too many on base against Moore Co yesterday.