Henry County Patriots 2021

BigRed88

44 minutes ago, mmb said:

It’s going to be a tough 3-4 in that stretch of games. I just hope folks remember that we play these games to prepare for November. We could easily schedule cupcakes and waltz through the season untouched, and be one of those teams that gets bounced in the first round. Obviously you want to win them all, but some of those situations and lessons learned will be valuable down the road. As far as the Mr. Football thing, we’ll see. He’d be the first to tell you he’d rather have a gold ball. I do feel like if he’s putting up good stats though, the team will be successful because of the balance it will bring on offense.. but we just want W’s and championships. GBR

Yessir Ryan is absolutely team first, he could care less about any individual award. I feel like he is going to put up big numbers in just about every game this year. I wouldnt be at all surprised if he throws 3 to 4 TDs per game. And some games he gets some rushing TDs. Kids a baller and I don't mind one bit bragging on that young man! I think he more than deserves it! We'll see but out of those first 4 games my personal hope is we can go at least 3-1. I know we are playing for November but if we could knock off 2 of those 3 beasts at the beginning of the year. My oh my!! Lets just see how it rolls! Either way we will be battle tested and ready for war come playoff time! GO BIG RED!!!

31 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Yessir Ryan is absolutely team first, he could care less about any individual award. I feel like he is going to put up big numbers in just about every game this year. I wouldnt be at all surprised if he throws 3 to 4 TDs per game. And some games he gets some rushing TDs. Kids a baller and I don't mind one bit bragging on that young man! I think he more than deserves it! We'll see but out of those first 4 games my personal hope is we can go at least 3-1. I know we are playing for November but if we could knock off 2 of those 3 beasts at the beginning of the year. My oh my!! Lets just see how it rolls! Either way we will be battle tested and ready for war come playoff time! GO BIG RED!!!

3-1 would be awesome. And you know we appreciate your support. He needs someone to brag on him because you know that’s not my style ha! The only time I do is when certain sports writers go out of their way to exclude some of them. GBR

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, mmb said:

3-1 would be awesome. And you know we appreciate your support. He needs someone to brag on him because you know that’s not my style ha! The only time I do is when certain sports writers go out of their way to exclude some of them. GBR

Absolutely man! Will always brag on him as well as some other kids. They work their butts off! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

It's almost time! :hungry:   Jamboree tomorrow night against Haywood.

I hated to see the series end and it will be the first time in six years I haven't been involved from the stands with a HC game. Saw their last three with Germantown and last two with Haywood County. Coach Counce and Coach Smith got tired of opening with each other I guess. They are also pretty tight and clinic together so there will be not many  secrets in this one. Just two good teams banging heads and trying to escape injury free in what will probably be a vanilla matchup with nothing at stake.