Henry County Patriots 2021

BigRed88

On 6/1/2021 at 8:51 AM, gr8tn08 said:

Coaches definitely getting them prepared. Look at this!

The Patriots’ first preseason scrimmage will come July 30 for freshmen, junior varsity and varsity teams at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis. On Aug. 6, Mongomery Bell Academy will come to Patriot Stadium for the same setup. The Patriots will again host a jamboree on Aug. 13 and will be working with Haywood County for two quarters. Counce said working with strong programs in a controlled environment in the preseason will help the Patriots get prepared to open the season against Class 6A opponents Summit and Beech.

Those are some great programs to cut your teeth against. If the purpose of scrimmages are to find out your mistakes I'm sure CB MBA and Haywood will give you that opportunity and then some. Good luck y'all!

4 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

You may be on to something here. I don't see how it can be done in time for the start of this year at the rate they are going.

I promise it's like that for everyone.  I drive past Milan's stadium everyday. When they were under construction (especially the turf) I didn't think there was any way they were getting it done in time for Peabody but they did no problem. I should've known better. When I used to work in construction we'd do the same. Kinda loaf it a while then get it all together for the big push and knock it out. 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, gr8tn08 said:

You may be on to something here. I don't see how it can be done in time for the start of this year at the rate they are going.

20 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I promise it's like that for everyone.  I drive past Milan's stadium everyday. When they were under construction (especially the turf) I didn't think there was any way they were getting it done in time for Peabody but they did no problem. I should've known better. When I used to work in construction we'd do the same. Kinda loaf it a while then get it all together for the big push and knock it out. 

I agree with both of you. I just think HC fans are anxious because of how long it took to get approved, then delayed, then approved again, and now construction delays, etc. 

All told, this has been a 2 year process that has dragged on for half a decade. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I agree with both of you. I just think HC fans are anxious because of how long it took to get approved, then delayed, then approved again, and now construction delays, etc. 

It will be interesting to see what the final price tag will be for the field with the extra work that had to be done. I don't really keep up with the news that much but i haven't heard anything from the school board or the county commision if extra funds are going to be needed for the project.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

It will be interesting to see what the final price tag will be for the field with the extra work that had to be done. I don't really keep up with the news that much but i haven't heard anything from the school board or the county commision if extra funds are going to be needed for the project.

I agree. Common sense tells you more work = more money. 

11 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Yeah I think everyone is ready to see it done. Its been a long process. I knew they had ran into problems about a month or month and a half ago with the field being wetter than they originally thought it would be. It is no doubt going to take every bit of time to get it finished before football season. 

• Upvote 1