Summer camps west TN

WhereYouAt

43 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Watch any games yet? Who do you like?

I haven’t seen Gibson County since all of their softball girls came back, which is four or five, but I did see them without them and I liked what I seen. I think they will have depth that they didn’t have last year they will use. They were out of state yesterday playing some really good teams yesterday and they did fine. I am planning on seeing them next week. 

Went to McKenzie yesterday. Saw South Side, TCA, McKenzie and Peabody. 

Saw Peabody and TCA in the 8 am morning game. Honestly I wasn't watching the scores, but more so looking to see who would bring that energy and effort to start the day off, TCA is gonna be pretty good obviously and should be a favorite to get to the state tournament. Peabody is rebuilding after a state tourney run, BUT I'm so encouraged because those kids play so hard, and they communicate with one another very well. I look forward to seeing them progress.

And in the game of the day, South Side and McKenzie basically went down to the wire, with South Side grinding out a one point win. McKenzie is the unanimous favorite in 1A, and  anything less than a gold ball will be disappointment. So much talent, I really hope they play Gibson County and Westview this season. South Side is South Side, what else can you say really???? The most athletic team in West Tennessee with excellent coaching, internal improvement with a few returning players mixed with the freshman class could be the key. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Went to McKenzie yesterday. Saw South Side, TCA, McKenzie and Peabody. 

Saw Peabody and TCA in the 8 am morning game. Honestly I wasn't watching the scores, but more so looking to see who would bring that energy and effort to start the day off, TCA is gonna be pretty good obviously and should be a favorite to get to the state tournament. Peabody is rebuilding after a state tourney run, BUT I'm so encouraged because those kids play so hard, and they communicate with one another very well. I look forward to seeing them progress.

And in the game of the day, South Side and McKenzie basically went down to the wire, with South Side grinding out a one point win. McKenzie is the unanimous favorite in 1A, and  anything less than a gold ball will be disappointment. So much talent, I really hope they play Gibson County and Westview this season. South Side is South Side, what else can you say really???? The most athletic team in West Tennessee with excellent coaching, internal improvement with a few returning players mixed with the freshman class could be the key. 

McKenzie played a great game yesterday. They were really scrappy and fought to the end. Cant wait for next season.

55 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie played a great game yesterday. They were really scrappy and fought to the end. Cant wait for next season.

You get good post play you might be holding gold. Kinsey Weathers exposed post play big time. Gotta fix it. We got to fix guard play.

55 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

You get good post play you might be holding gold. Kinsey Weathers exposed post play big time. Gotta fix it. We got to fix guard play.

8 hours ago, dmm88 said:

South Side stepped down 45, and headed north to Mississippi for Blue Mountain's team camp. Went 3-0 for the day, with a very good win against the 4A Mississippi state champion Pontonoc Lady Warriors.

Yeah they are really good. Very unfortunate to lose Currry-Jelks, who went out again with a knee injury. Looks like she is out a while possibly whole season. Word is through the grapevine is they may have picked up the post coming up from Jr. High from USJ. Really good player. Best talent I seen in Jr. High last year. If so I expect her to be on the floor sooner than later. I do know South Side had a good post behind Curry-Jelks last year, but this will reinforce them if true. Is the transfer from USJ to South Side accurate??

On 6/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, rebelman101 said:

Watched McKenzie and Stewart County today. Stewart County is a pretty good team and led a lot of the game before McKenzie won by 12 or so late. McKenzie didn’t play well but still won. Sign of a good team. South Gibson looked very organized and played well and beat USJ by 10 or 12. Westview looked really good beating a scrappy Arkansas team by double digits. Gibson County looked good beating a really good Bowling Green team by 3 and the scrappy Arkansas team by 15. 

44 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Watched McKenzie and Stewart County today. Stewart County is a pretty good team and led a lot of the game before McKenzie won by 12 or so late. McKenzie didn’t play well but still won. Sign of a good team. South Gibson looked very organized and played well and beat USJ by 10 or 12. Westview looked really good beating a scrappy Arkansas team by double digits. Gibson County looked good beating a really good Bowling Green team by 3 and the scrappy Arkansas team by 15. 

Southside destroyed South Gibson after you left.