Summer camps west TN

WhereYouAt

12 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I think around 25. McKenzie beat Bowling Green by 19 yesterday. Lady Rebels speed was dominating.

Good win for McKenzie. Bowling Green I was told made the Elite 8 in Kentucky last year. Gibson County was up 10 or so late against them and let them back in it and was a closer win than we wanted. 

Saw South Gibson today at Sacred Heart, I think they are gonna be just fine with Embrey at the controls. Looks like they are gonna play uptempo basketball, which is a very good thing. Also saw new JCM for the first time, and they are gonna shock a lot of people.

34 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Saw South Gibson today at Sacred Heart, I think they are gonna be just fine with Embrey at the controls. Looks like they are gonna play uptempo basketball, which is a very good thing. Also saw new JCM for the first time, and they are gonna shock a lot of people.

South Gibson has a lot of speed and good guards. If they had a big post they would be really good. Going to be good by the end of the year with the young girls getting reps.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:18 AM, dmm88 said:

South Side is South Side, what else can you say really???? The most athletic team in West Tennessee with excellent coaching, internal improvement with a few returning players mixed with the freshman class could be the key. 

Slowly building a powerhouse program on our ladies team. We will soon expect the same level of success as the mens program.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

15 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

Slowly building a powerhouse program on our ladies team. We will soon expect the same level of success as the mens program.

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

In 3 years South Side boys and girls will not be as dominant in basketball. JCM, TCA, JCS, Liberty, USJ, and Madison (if they hire a good coach) will get some of the talent that South Side has had in lock down. Soooo many good coaches in Jackson now. Also, South Gibson school district may be attractive to some parents looking for a different system!

Westview impressed me the few times I saw them this summer. Incoming freshman Sims stepped right into high school ball like she’s already been there a year or two. I had heard she would step in and help Harrison immediately but I had to see it to believe it. They are going to be tough with her and Harrison and the little lefty guard and then throw in the tall post player. The depth was the only questionable area I saw.

I hate to hear that about Currie-Jelks. I hope the knee news isn’t as bad as it sounds!

3 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview impressed me the few times I saw them this summer. Incoming freshman Sims stepped right into high school ball like she’s already been there a year or two. I had heard she would step in and help Harrison immediately but I had to see it to believe it. They are going to be tough with her and Harrison and the little lefty guard and then throw in the tall post player. The depth was the only questionable area I saw.

I hate to hear that about Currie-Jelks. I hope the knee news isn’t as bad as it sounds!

Heard Currie-Jelks is out for the year. Hate it for her and prayers for her and her family. South Side still a good team with the Jr. High transfer post from USJ and they had a back up post that was real good. They are a really good team. Westview is really good as well. The Simms kid looks like a Jr. or Sr. They may be better than they were last year. Well coached and solid. District play won’t be boring this year for sure. Huntingdon has made strides this summer and had a good camp in Murfreesboro. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Heard Currie-Jelks is out for the year. Hate it for her and prayers for her and her family. South Side still a good team with the Jr. High transfer post from USJ and they had a back up post that was real good. They are a really good team. Westview is really good as well. The Simms kid looks like a Jr. or Sr. They may be better than they were last year. Well coached and solid. District play won’t be boring this year for sure. Huntingdon has made strides this summer and had a good camp in Murfreesboro. 

I hear Huntingdon has some nice talent at the middle school level, but I can't see them being anywhere close to Westview or Gibson Co for the next 2-3 years. 

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I hear Huntingdon has some nice talent at the middle school level, but I can't see them being anywhere close to Westview or Gibson Co for the next 2-3 years. 

They beat North Green and only lost to Gatlinburg Pittman by four at MTSU and they are all young now. They will not be easy for sure. May not be where they want to be for a couple of years but they have some talent. If they find good guard play, they will be good quicker. Stewart County is a team in our Region that is very athletic that will play you to the wire. Watched them and McKenzie play at Bethel and Stewart County led for 2.5 quarters before losing. Gibson County’s and Westview’s district will be very competitive. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

They beat North Green and only lost to Gatlinburg Pittman by four at MTSU and they are all young now. They will not be easy for sure. May not be where they want to be for a couple of years but they have some talent. If they find good guard play, they will be good quicker. Stewart County is a team in our Region that is very athletic that will play you to the wire. Watched them and McKenzie play at Bethel and Stewart County led for 2.5 quarters before losing. Gibson County’s and Westview’s district will be very competitive. 

Haven’t seen the Fillies play this summer, but have heard positive things. No seniors on this squad but some talented juniors and sophomores that played a ton last season. The freshman class that is coming in has some impressive players. They push the ball and played as aggressive on the drive as boys when they were in middle school. Their travel ball team in the off season made some other squads look really bad. This new district will no joke.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:40 PM, WhereYouAt said:

In 3 years South Side boys and girls will not be as dominant in basketball. JCM, TCA, JCS, Liberty, USJ, and Madison (if they hire a good coach) will get some of the talent that South Side has had in lock down. Soooo many good coaches in Jackson now. Also, South Gibson school district may be attractive to some parents looking for a different system!

My new recruiting pitch to 7th and 8th graders: It's like the difference between Alabama and Miss St in football.

You can come play for (state) championships, scholarships, making money the day after you graduate from high school with endorsements, appearances and autographs...

or not

:mrgreen:

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

On 7/1/2021 at 1:24 PM, HereComesTheCloser said:

My new recruiting pitch to 7th and 8th graders: It's like the difference between Alabama and Miss St in football.

You can come play for (state) championships, scholarships, making money the day after you graduate from high school with endorsements, appearances and autographs...

or not

:mrgreen:

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

I don’t know about all that.

been a long time since those type athletes been in high school in west Tennessee