Adam Coon signs with Titans!

Bump11

37 minutes ago, Sommers said:
Yes!!!!

Elite wrestler Adam Coon of Fowlerville signs with Tennessee Titans

Before Adam Coon became one of the best heavyweight wrestlers in the world, he was an all-state football player at Fowlerville High School.

Post that on the football pages. I would but they kick me when I post something like that. Maybe you could have better luck than I. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hamblin said:

Post that on the football pages. I would but they kick me when I post something like that. Maybe you could have better luck than I. 

Football coaches talk about wanting multisport athletes but 99.9% do absolutely nothing to really encourage the kids to compete in multiple sports.  As they say "TALK IS CHEAP"

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, cbg said:

Football coaches talk about wanting multisport athletes but 99.9% do absolutely nothing to really encourage the kids to compete in multiple sports.  As they say "TALK IS CHEAP"

Kids and parents need to understand just how much Wrestling enhances a football prospects resume, rankings and recruitment by D1 coaches.  James Howard’s overall recruitment has been greatly enhanced by his wrestling resume. Same goes for Parker Peterson who has already reported to Tulane.  Lance Williams recruitment is being heavily influenced by his wrestling background.  The list goes on and on.

College coaches especially D1 coaches really like big lineman who have a wrestling background.  
I think as a sport we really do a poor job of communicating that fact to our big kids across the state at a young age. 

Edited by durdon
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, durdon said:

Kids and parents need to understand just how much Wrestling enhances a football prospects resume, rankings and recruitment by D1 coaches.  James Howard’s overall recruitment has been greatly enhanced by his wrestling resume. Same goes for Parker Peterson who has already reported to Tulane.  Lance Williams recruitment is being heavily influenced by his wrestling background.  The list goes on and on.

College coaches especially D1 coaches really like big lineman who have a wrestling background.  
I think as a sport we really do a poor job of communicating that fact to our big kids across the state at a young age. 

Pitch it on the football boards. 

This is going on football now...

"Kids and parents need to understand just how much Wrestling enhances a football prospects resume, rankings and recruitment by D1 coaches.  

I think as a sport we really do a poor job of communicating that fact to our big kids across the state at a young age." CT poster Durdon

"Just wanted to try to take a look at Adam," Vrabel explained of the signing of Coon when the coach spoke with the media on Thursday. "I followed his wrestling career for a while. Something we looked at and, again, I was a part of as a player taking a former wrestler and they developed into an offensive lineman with Stephen Neal."

Vrabel played with the New England Patriots from 2001 to 2008 and Neal played for them from 2002 to 2010. Just like Coon, Neal played high school football but never in college, concentrating and flourishing in wrestling.

"Wrestlers, especially at that elite level, have unbelievable balance, core strength, things that I think would translate well to an offensive lineman," Vrabel said.

Coon, having claimed Greco-Roman and freestyle championships and medals throughout a decorated college and Team U.S.A. tenure, notably was a two-time NCAA finalist (2015, 2018), a 2018 Senior world silver medalist, two-time Senior World Team member and a 2016 U.S. Olympic Team Trials runner-up.

https://www.nfl.com/news/can-titans-ol-adam-coon-be-the-next-stephen-neal