Bolivars New Coach?

I have been hearing that Hardin County is pretty good, if that is true that is a big win for Bolivar. 

17 hours ago, WestTennRaider said:

It looks like they are undefeated in district play and in first place.  Not sure how tough that district is but I would say he is doing a good job so far.

I believe that district is Bolivar, Hardin, Chester and McNairy. Who wins that?

2 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I have been hearing that Hardin County is pretty good, if that is true that is a big win for Bolivar. 

I believe that district is Bolivar, Hardin, Chester and McNairy. Who wins that?

You're a year off...the new district is Bolivar, Adamsville, Riverside, Madison, and Scotts Hill. TSSAA went from a three class system to a four class system, and Bolivar is now 2A.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You're a year off...the new district is Bolivar, Adamsville, Riverside, Madison, and Scotts Hill. TSSAA went from a three class system to a four class system, and Bolivar is now 2A.

Oh ok. I just looked and I see Chester, Hardin, McNairy and Lexington are together and South Side, North Side Liberty and South Gibson. That's interesting.

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Oh ok. I just looked and I see Chester, Hardin, McNairy and Lexington are together and South Side, North Side Liberty and South Gibson. That's interesting.

I wouldn't cramp my brain trying to memorize everyone's district...one more year and they will reclassify again. There's some talk of going to five classes for basketball, baseball, ect..., but I think they will stay at four for the time being. If they do, there will be a few schools move up or down, but probably not many. There was too much differential with the old (3 class) system with Adamsville, Riverside, and Scotts Hill having around 500 students, yet being in a large district comprised of teams ranging from 800+ to 1,000+. If they look at going to five classes, there might be travel and scheduling issues. Hopefully, after the next reclassification cycle, it will remain for 4 years as typical. TSSAA shortened this cycle due to all the craziness going on with enrollment numbers skewed by CV-19.

Just a side note...any school can move up or down a classification in any year if they experience a 20% change in enrollment.

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I wouldn't cramp my brain trying to memorize everyone's district...one more year and they will reclassify again. There's some talk of going to five classes for basketball, baseball, ect..., but I think they will stay at four for the time being. If they do, there will be a few schools move up or down, but probably not many. There was too much differential with the old (3 class) system with Adamsville, Riverside, and Scotts Hill having around 500 students, yet being in a large district comprised of teams ranging from 800+ to 1,000+. If they look at going to five classes, there might be travel and scheduling issues. Hopefully, after the next reclassification cycle, it will remain for 4 years as typical. TSSAA shortened this cycle due to all the craziness going on with enrollment numbers skewed by CV-19.

Just a side note...any school can move up or down a classification in any year if they experience a 20% change in enrollment.

4 classes is a joke now. South Gibson has three teams in their district now and they want to go 5?? Gibson County and Westview and their district someone will have to drive possible 3-3.5 hours for a substate game. Same for Summertown or Loretto. Memphis getting three districts is straight up BS. Half of them don’t even play. Why would any one want to go 5 when 4 is too many now?? 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

4 classes is a joke now. South Gibson has three teams in their district now and they want to go 5?? Gibson County and Westview and their district someone will have to drive possible 3-3.5 hours for a substate game. Same for Summertown or Loretto. Memphis getting three districts is straight up BS. Half of them don’t even play. Why would any one want to go 5 when 4 is too many now?? 

There's a fine line between choosing the lesser of two evils, and which one benefits whom...in order for schools to compete against others with similar enrollment, the logistic's get harder and harder. There are options, such as playing up a class if that helps with travel or with traditional rivalry games. I get the argument of "watering down" and "everyone gets a trophy", but I also see the difficulty in regularly playing district games against schools who all things being considered, you should not have a fair chance to be competitive against year after year. Three schools in our old district ranged between 480 something and 520 something...five others between 800 + and 1,100+ were our competition. We didn't whine about it, we played the games, but I'll admit that I felt a sense of justice when our new district came out. One thing that tempers my acceptance of spread out districts, is that I've been in just about every smallish school gym in the western half of the state...not only do I not mind it, I love it! I do understand the tuesday night two hour rides home, and the cost of travel however.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

There's a fine line between choosing the lesser of two evils, and which one benefits whom...in order for schools to compete against others with similar enrollment, the logistic's get harder and harder. There are options, such as playing up a class if that helps with travel or with traditional rivalry games. I get the argument of "watering down" and "everyone gets a trophy", but I also see the difficulty in regularly playing district games against schools who all things being considered, you should not have a fair chance to be competitive against year after year. Three schools in our old district ranged between 480 something and 520 something...five others between 800 + and 1,100+ were our competition. We didn't whine about it, we played the games, but I'll admit that I felt a sense of justice when our new district came out. One thing that tempers my acceptance of spread out districts, is that I've been in just about every smallish school gym in the western half of the state...not only do I not mind it, I love it! I do understand the tuesday night two hour rides home, and the cost of travel however.

My take is you got three teams in a District now. Can’t find games now. You get 5 classes you got less teams overall you got less teams in Districts if you keep 16 Districts and 8 Regions. Only one that would benefit would be TSSAA having more games at state with more classes you have more money. You got 3 teams in Districts now, Not enough to have an 8 team Region. I understand your point having 500 kids put you in AA and that wasn’t good. We will see how it adds up. No telling with TSSAA.

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

My take is you got three teams in a District now. Can’t find games now. You get 5 classes you got less teams overall you got less teams in Districts if you keep 16 Districts and 8 Regions. Only one that would benefit would be TSSAA having more games at state with more classes you have more money. You got 3 teams in Districts now, Not enough to have an 8 team Region. I understand your point having 500 kids put you in AA and that wasn’t good. We will see how it adds up. No telling with TSSAA.

One thing that would help (IMO) is trimming Memphis back to two districts, and having no less than 4 teams (even 4 is ridiculous) per district. Another thing would be to not prioritize so much splitting the classifications exactly evenly. This last thing is dangerous though, because you enter personal opinions into the equation. They have traditionally ranked all schools in order of enrollment, then split evenly (with the inevitable one or two variants being rounded down) when proximity of enrollment numbers might dictate having eight or ten extra in one division or the other, just to keep the spread a little tighter. Just bouncing around thoughts...like I said, in one year it'll change either some or a lot. Numbers get turned in by October, so soon enough we'll have a rough idea of what might happen.

Edited by tradertwo

What is everyone's thoughts on doing like Kentucky and playing your area no matter the classification? For Example: in Jackson you would have: Southside, Northside, JCM, Liberty, Madison, USJ, JCS, TCA, and Sacred Heart. Could possibly have two districts out of that. And then maybe go south/east and have: Chester, Lexington, Scott's Hill, Mcnairy Central, Adamsville, and Hardin Co. Then Maybe west/south from there you go: Middleton, Bolivar, Haywood, Fayette Academy, and  Fayette Ware. And do this through out the state. Memphis would be divided up into several districts there by location. Just a thought. Any opinions?