How's your teams summer camps going ?

gogold

Loretto's  games have been at MTSU and UNA this week.    We beat very good PCA and Webb schools in close games.  I think both of these teams will have a good chance be in the state again.  At UNA we beat Pontonoc, Mississippi team by 52 and Belmont, Mississippi by 50.  We finished up with Lauderdale, Alabama and won by 30.   Loretto looks better than I thought they may at this point.  This could be best team in the last 4 years at Loretto.  Karly and sister Ally will be tough to handle, but Buttrum,  Laney Weathers, and the Clifton sisters Julie and J. B. have all jumped their game.   Our post player Fisher hurt her knee and we hope it's only a sprain, but was playing great before the injury.  This team can get after you defensively and can put up a lot of points on the board.  We head to Lebanon, Summitt, Lauderdale, and Good Hope to finish out summer games next week.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gogold said:

Loretto's  games have been at MTSU and UNA this week.    We beat very good PCA and Webb schools in close games.  I think both of these teams will have a good chance be in the state again.  At UNA we beat Pontonoc, Mississippi team by 52 and Belmont, Mississippi by 50.  We finished up with Lauderdale, Alabama and won by 30.   Loretto looks better than I thought they may at this point.  This could be best team in the last 4 years at Loretto.  Karly and sister Ally will be tough to handle, but Buttrum,  Laney Weathers, and the Clifton sisters Julie and J. B. have all jumped their game.   Our post player Fisher hurt her knee and we hope it's only a sprain, but was playing great before the injury.  This team can get after you defensively and can put up a lot of points on the board.  We head to Lebanon, Summitt, Lauderdale, and Good Hope to finish out summer games next week.  

Headed to Nashville to watch Gibson County in the morning. They are playing a ton and have played really good with their backups. Softball girls have missed a ton and have only played 1 tournament and that is five  players in their rotation. I know they beat Melbourne, AR last week who won title in 2019 and beat Riverside by 25 who was runner up in 2019. I will know more tomm. 

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Headed to Nashville to watch Gibson County in the morning. They are playing a ton and have played really good with their backups. Softball girls have missed a ton and have only played 1 tournament and that is five  players in their rotation. I know they beat Melbourne, AR last week who won title in 2019 and beat Riverside by 25 who was runner up in 2019. I will know more tomm. 

Good luck and keep us updated !

7 hours ago, gogold said:

Good luck and keep us updated !

Gibson County was very impressive. Beat CPA by 15 as we got off to a slow start and was down 8-0 early, but took control of the game before half and was up by 18 with 10 minutes left and played every player but 2. CPA very scrappy and a tough Middle Tennessee team. We beat Goodpasture by 34 but they are very talented and a team that could be dangerous when they figure it all out as they are young. Have three solid players as one sat out quite a bit with an injury but we played the entire team and was in control throughout. Last but not least we beat Ensworth by 15 as we played one of the more solid games I have seen them play. Ensworth was the best team we played as they are loaded most every year and have won multiple titles, much like Riverdale. Gibson County much deeper this year as they have players that have stepped up during spring ball and that is a good thing because it will make players play harder with competition behind them. But will be a fun year. No doubt Loretto will be tough and will likely be the number 1 team in the polls and deservingly. Always tough and got a lot pieces coming back and adding young talent. And they are well coached. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County was very impressive. Beat CPA by 15 as we got off to a slow start and was down 8-0 early, but took control of the game before half and was up by 18 with 10 minutes left and played every player but 2. CPA very scrappy and a tough Middle Tennessee team. We beat Goodpasture by 34 but they are very talented and a team that could be dangerous when they figure it all out as they are young. Have three solid players as one sat out quite a bit with an injury but we played the entire team and was in control throughout. Last but not least we beat Ensworth by 15 as we played one of the more solid games I have seen them play. Ensworth was the best team we played as they are loaded most every year and have won multiple titles, much like Riverdale. Gibson County much deeper this year as they have players that have stepped up during spring ball and that is a good thing because it will make players play harder with competition behind them. But will be a fun year. No doubt Loretto will be tough and will likely be the number 1 team in the polls and deservingly. Always tough and got a lot pieces coming back and adding young talent. And they are well coached. 

No surprise here, I knew Gibson was going to be tough and they are well coached.  They put a spanking on some teams today !  Thanks for the update and keep them coming.  It's hard to believe we're already getting basketball going for the new year.  Be safe in your travels.  Our post player is done for the summer and will be getting a MRI when swelling goes down.  We are hopeful only a MCL sprain.

43 minutes ago, gogold said:

No surprise here, I knew Gibson was going to be tough and they are well coached.  They put a spanking on some teams today !  Thanks for the update and keep them coming.  It's hard to believe we're already getting basketball going for the new year.  Be safe in your travels.  Our post player is done for the summer and will be getting a MRI when swelling goes down.  We are hopeful only a MCL sprain.

Prayers to her!! Hate to see any one get hurt. We got one that went down in Arkansas with a knee injury as well. She wasn’t a starter, but was 9 or 10 and doing well. 

Loretto's having a good week.  Wins over Upperman, Cookeville, Lauderdale County, Deshlar, Notre Dame, and Antioch.  Our post player will get her MRI on Friday, but young post players are really stepping up in her absence.  I really like the way this team is playing right now.

32 minutes ago, gogold said:

Loretto's having a good week.  Wins over Upperman, Cookeville, Lauderdale County, Deshlar, Notre Dame, and Antioch.  Our post player will get her MRI on Friday, but young post players are really stepping up in her absence.  I really like the way this team is playing right now.

Good luck to her and prayers for her!! Ours had a torn ACL. Wasn’t a starter, but would have played some. We went undefeated at Bethel beating an elite 8 team Bowling Green that was good and a good Arkansas team. Went to Murray State and varsity went 1-2. Lost both games by single digits and played some higher class teams that were huge girls. Both teams that beat us were tall, athletic and very quick. This is the best summer actually so far Gibson County has had in a while. We haven’t been pushed around this summer like we have in the past. Got a Missouri camp tomm., UTM Friday, MTSU and Missouri next week. MTSU will be interesting. 

Edited by pioneer42

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good luck to her and prayers for her!! Ours had a torn ACL. Wasn’t a starter, but would have played some. We went undefeated at Bethel beating an elite 8 team Bowling Green that was good and a good Arkansas team. Went to Murray State and varsity went 1-2. Lost both games by single digits and played some higher class teams that were huge girls. Both teams that beat us were tall, athletic and very quick. This is the best summer actually so far Gibson County has had in a while. We haven’t been pushed around this summer like we have in the past. Got a Missouri camp tomm., UTM Friday, MTSU and Missouri next week. MTSU will be interesting. 

Thanks and hope your player has a quick recovery.  We end up our camp games on Friday in Good Hope Alabama.  We'll play some of State of Alabama's top state teams.  I think Rogers and Good Hope is who we will play.

21 minutes ago, gogold said:

Thanks and hope your player has a quick recovery.  We end up our camp games on Friday in Good Hope Alabama.  We'll play some of State of Alabama's top state teams.  I think Rogers and Good Hope is who we will play.

Yeah it will be interesting this year. AA will be really good. Upperman was a good win for you guys. I pray that we all stay healthy. I seen Embry at Bethel. She is very vocal and already has South Gibson playing better. She has my respect. Beat a very good Clarkrange team last year. Still can’t believe she left Summertown. 

Catie speaks her mind and some people can't handle that kind of personality.  She'll do good things at South Gibson.  I believe Carla Wyatt would have done some good things there at South Gibson if her son had not gotten sick.  We need to pray for her son Brett.  He's struggling with his cancer treatments right now.

2 hours ago, gogold said:

Catie speaks her mind and some people can't handle that kind of personality.  She'll do good things at South Gibson.  I believe Carla Wyatt would have done some good things there at South Gibson if her son had not gotten sick.  We need to pray for her son Brett.  He's struggling with his cancer treatments right now.

No doubt. He is in my prayers every time I pray. She made a good hire getting Jeremy Vonner on the staff a couple of years ago. He has had his hand on most every kid in West TN who works out on their own including our own. They were on the  right track I agree. If Embry had a real good post they would make a serious run this year. They got a lot of guards now. I met her and her husband a couple of years in a row when they came to Gibson County. We had a hospitality room and we got to know them well.