Best 2 year run in Chattonooga Area Schools history?

durdon

Question for the old timers on this forum.  

Is this the best 2 year run in Chattonooga Area School history? 

Class of ‘21 has 7  D1 wrestlers

Mccallie 

Cagle – Virginia 

Taylor – Pitt

Whitworth – Harvard

Cleveland 

Bradford - Citadel

McDaniel - West Point

Signal Mountain 

Uhrochuck - West Point 

Muschel – Campbell 

Class of 22 has 4 D1 Commits from Chattonooga area schools so far:

Baylor 

Corday – West Point

Dendy – Wyoming 

Harper – Wyoming 

Cleveland 

Chittum – Minnesota (he has reclassified for class of ‘22) 

Even without the 4 potential kids in the Chattonooga area Schools in ‘22 class who might wrestle D1, that’s 11 D1 wrestlers coming out of the Chattonooga area Schools over the 2 classes. 

Has anything close to this ever happened before? 

I would also guess also that this is the best 2 year run in TN State high School history too.  
Statewide Class of 21 has 12 D1 Wrestlers with the Addition of:

Beech

Bates – Central Michigan 

Christian Brothers 

Dalrymple - UTC

Dobyns-Bennet

Watkins  Campbell

Hurst - UTC  

Committed for Class of ‘22

Lakeway

Roller – Virginia 

I count another 6 kids Statewide in ’22 that probably will end up wrestling D1. TN has the potential to produce 22 D1 wrestlers in these two classes.  

Edited by durdon
  • Upvote 1

IMO, it's great that the wrestlers have decided to leave the comforts of home to become student athletes in other parts of the country.  When we are discussing the kids going to one of the military academies, IVY League schools, BIG 10 schools, etc... it just goes to prove that academics play a major role in the recruiting process.  When a student athlete has excellent grades along with test scores it provides them with life changing opportunities.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HCWCCoachV said:

4 of the 7 trained at HCWC for a significant amount of time.

13 state titles amount the 4 of them, too. 

But, the most interesting fact is that not only did the 4, McDaniel, Uhrochuck, Taylor and Bradford all train at HCWC with Josh for 3 middle school years together, they were all 4 almost the exact same size the entire time so they were all training partners. There were some crazy battles in that room over those years. Plus, they had Chittum who was just just a weight class bigger than them, training with them  and throwing them around and keeping them in check. 

I honestly don’t think any of the four would be wrestling at a D1 school next year if it hadn’t been for the other 3 and Chittum hadn’t been there pushing them.  

To his credit, Josh knew early on that Emory and Daniel most likely were not going to end up at Cleveland but he still pushed and challenged them as hard as the other kids.  I will always be thankful for Josh for that. 

Edited by durdon

I couldn’t edit my first post, so I reposted adding Bryce Barton who is going to UTC. 

Question for the old timers on this forum.  

Is this the best 2 year run in Chattonooga Area School history? 

Class of ‘21 now has 8 D1 wrestlers from Chattonooga area

Mccallie 

Cagle – Virginia 

Taylor – Pitt

Whitworth – Harvard

Cleveland 

Bradford - Citadel

McDaniel - West Point

Signal Mountain 

Uhrochuck - West Point 

Muschel – Campbell 

Hixson

Barton - UTC 

Class of 22 has 4 D1 Commits from Chattonooga area schools so far:

Baylor 

Corday – West Point

Dendy – Wyoming 

Harper – Wyoming 

Cleveland 

Chittum – Minnesota (he has reclassified for class of ‘22) 

Even without the 4 potential kids in the Chattonooga area Schools in ‘22 class who might wrestle D1, that’s 12 D1 wrestlers coming out of the Chattonooga area Schools over the 2 classes. 

Has anything close to this ever happened before? 

I would also guess also that this is the best 2 year run in TN State high School history too.  
Statewide Class of 21 has 13 D1 Wrestlers with the Addition of:

Beech

Bates – Central Michigan 

Christian Brothers 

Dalrymple - UTC

Dobyns-Bennet

Watkins  Campbell

Hurst - UTC  

Committed for Class of ‘22

Lakeway

Roller – Virginia