District 7-AAA 2021-22

repoman

11 minutes ago, JustABlueFan said:

Exactly. They talked about it, laughed about it, forgot about it.

Those things always seem to come back and bite one of the teams. A long time back refs let a girl travel prior to a half court attempt, thinking no way she makes it, not blowing the whistle with 2 seconds left in the half. Of course she makes it and it affects a region final outcome. Officiate until the buzzer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indian said:

Those things always seem to come back and bite one of the teams. A long time back refs let a girl travel prior to a half court attempt, thinking no way she makes it, not blowing the whistle with 2 seconds left in the half. Of course she makes it and it affects a region final outcome. Officiate until the buzzer. 

I'm glad the game was AT Livingston last night. If there's any fault it was on THEIR scoreboard operator. After watching the replay it was a bit closer than i thought. 

1 hour ago, GoBlue123 said:

If Livingston presses Sparta the whole game we beat them every night. They can’t handle pressure it’s evident. They are a great team but need some ball handlers that can handle pressure. It’s going to but a fun district tournament either way Go Hogeye. 

Good point but the obvious question is….Why didn’t they?   I am not sure they can do that and stay out of foul trouble.  

1 hour ago, GoBlue123 said:

If Livingston presses Sparta the whole game we beat them every night. They can’t handle pressure it’s evident. They are a great team but need some ball handlers that can handle pressure. It’s going to but a fun district tournament either way Go Hogeye. 

Welcome to coacht. :)

Well I don’t know I’d have to be the Coach to understand why they didn’t? I do agree foul trouble is a concern because of there aggressive, uptempo pace, but I’d start that way and until I reached foul trouble I wouldn’t call the dawgs off just my opinion and we know what they say about opinions. In game 1 every time we pressed them they started turning the ball over time after time and we would make runs of 6-8 points. Last night being down 16 and then deciding hey let’s turn them loose we seen what transpired we made a run at it and it could of went either way unfortunately we ended up on the loosing end but a great game by both sides.  

57 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Welcome to 

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Good point but the obvious question is….Why didn’t they?   I am not sure they can do that and stay out of foul trouble.  

I totally agree that the fouls will come with their aggressive, uptempo pace but we’re pretty deep and I’d turn them loose. 

5 hours ago, Khall555 said:

If Cumberland wins out and Livingston loses to Upperman it’s a 3 way tie for 1st

Very true. I'm telling you, any of the top 4 could win this thing. 3/4 at least will be in the region semis. Ole Cuz up there with Page might act like we're all bums over here, but Page is gonna host a really good basketball team at home. Then play a really good basketball team again. Then again. The state tournament might be won in the region.