District 7-AAA 2021-22

repoman

59 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Cumberland continues to play right into Upperman’s hand with too many ill advised shots and the unwillingness to play with some patience. 

This district just got a lot more interesting White or Upperman will host Page now. 

Edited by jimbo44

11 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Cumberland continues to play right into Upperman’s hand with too many ill advised shots and the unwillingness to play with some patience. 

This district just got a lot more interesting White or Upperman will host Page now. 

Cchs guards can't produce.That's the reason,Cchs can't beat Upperman.. outmatched at guards.

12 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I haven’t looked at all the AAA Districts but looks like there’s is loaded. 

2 hours ago, repoman said:

Cchs guards can't produce.That's the reason,Cchs can't beat Upperman.. outmatched at guards.

Most of this is true, but it’s not like Upperman is beating them by 40, all the games are close and Cumberland can beat them with some adjustments. 

Cumberland’s style of play doesn’t help either they refuse to slow it down and get a good shot. Shooting a 3 pointer 5 seconds after crossing half court with a lead is not winning basketball.
It was 16-6 Cumberland with 2 minutes in the 1st and Cumberland had the ball and was shooting 3’s and never slowed down the game. They could have slowed it down and waited for a better shot but they continued to do that and Upperman ran off 6 points in less than 2 minutes and it was basically over from that point on as Cumberland never threatened again. Then the inexcusable happened and they had their best player last night foul out with 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd period. 

Edited by Khall555

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Most of this is true, but it’s not like Upperman is beating them by 40, all the games are close and Cumberland can beat them with some adjustments. 

Cumberland’s style of play doesn’t help either they refuse to slow it down and get a good shot. Shooting a 3 pointer 5 seconds after crossing half court with a lead is not winning basketball.
It was 16-6 Cumberland with 2 minutes in the 1st and Cumberland had the ball and was shooting 3’s and never slowed down the game. They could have slowed it down and waited for a better shot but they continued to do that and Upperman ran off 6 points in less than 2 minutes and it was basically over from that point on as Cumberland never threatened again. Then the inexcusable happened and they had their best player last night foul out with 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd period. 

Would venture to say Cchs guards have not scored 20 pts in the 3 meetings. CCHS marquee player hasn't scored 10 pts in 3 meetings. Just think if they could produce then the gap would close and they would win, simple.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, repoman said:

Would venture to say Cchs guards have not scored 20 pts in the 3 meetings. CCHS marquee player hasn't scored 10 pts in 3 meetings. Just think if they could produce then the gap would close and they would win, simple.

Upperman’s guards are too good and more importantly too experienced to press. They have been playing vs much better teams than Cumberland and in much bigger games. It is apparent when they play.

My biggest concern about Cumberland is they have not played any District competition for 4 years. In 7AA they never lost a game the whole time. Now they are playing big game after big game vs teams and coaches that know how to win. They look overmatched vs Upperman. 

• Like 1

White Co came out flat last night . Could never get any rhythm . This team has lost something and cant find it . Page will have no trouble if we show up like this . L want to give some credit to Dana last night , excellent job . I don't know what went on in the locker room after the game , but from the look on our girls faces , we're done . Game like this , you forget and go on . Sad .

On 2/19/2022 at 1:12 PM, Khall555 said:

Upperman’s guards are too good and more importantly too experienced to press. They have been playing vs much better teams than Cumberland and in much bigger games. It is apparent when they play.

My biggest concern about Cumberland is they have not played any District competition for 4 years. In 7AA they never lost a game the whole time. Now they are playing big game after big game vs teams and coaches that know how to win. They look overmatched vs Upperman. 

Anyone know what grade the Cobb girl is in?  She is very skilled. And the Crouch kid for sure shows why she is going Division 1.  She is a complete player

On 2/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, repoman said:

MY prediction is a little better from the first of the season. I knew the bee's would come alive.