Blackman QB battle

CougarDadx2

On 6/17/2021 at 10:52 AM, Blaze45 said:

It all starts with having a strong leader and a good arm at QB....... but,..... You gotta catch the passes. Saw way too many dropped balls that hit receivers in the hands wide open. I hope that they are working on fixing that 

Yep that’s been our problem for years we would only 1 guy that could even catch.  Last year we had 4-5 guys but just didn’t utilize them right.  Big changes for us this year.  I’m excited.  

4 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yep that’s been our problem for years we would only 1 guy that could even catch.  Last year we had 4-5 guys but just didn’t utilize them right.  Big changes for us this year.  I’m excited.  

Its good to have an open mindset. If it's not workin stop doing it . Utilize what you have and build around it. You can't make players be great at what they don't do, and to run an offense based on what you always have done, will get you beat eventually. Find out what your talents are then develop an offensive identity around that .Should be a great year.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, Blaze45 said:

Its good to have an open mindset. If it's not workin stop doing it . Utilize what you have and build around it. You can't make players be great at what they don't do, and to run an offense based on what you always have done, will get you beat eventually. Find out what your talents are then develop an offensive identity around that .Should be a great year.

Yep, I can remember one of my kids playing wideout on offense one year when he was in the 9th grade. He had '' hands of stone '',and I knew it.Best of all,is that I was the one who had him go up to his coach and ask to play that position when they were working on offense. Reason being ?  I also knew he would be  stronger then anyone on defense trying to stay with him and he could be a good blocker for running plays. So, instead of being lost in the offensive depth chart ,he did in fact play wideout and linebacker that year before a very smart defensive coach found him a home at DE later on.

• 4 weeks later...