Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

5 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Yup between Powell, HC, and MJ it is pretty much a done deal!

While I do think HC and MJ are the favorites (from the west) I expect Springfield and Memphis Central to have a say about things on our side of the bracket as well. 

Powell probably is the prohibitive favorite to win it all, but they will get their own challenges from Knox West, Central, and Oak Ridge. We like to prognosticate every year, but the reality of 5A is almost always up in the air lol 

3 hours ago, MSURacer said:

While I do think HC and MJ are the favorites (from the west) I expect Springfield and Memphis Central to have a say about things on our side of the bracket as well. 

Powell probably is the prohibitive favorite to win it all, but they will get their own challenges from Knox West, Central, and Oak Ridge. We like to prognosticate every year, but the reality of 5A is almost always up in the air lol 

I've always liked 5A in this system for that reason. There is no such thing as a typical season for 5A, whereas you can accurately predict the teams that make it deep in the playoffs in most of the other classes, especially 6A

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've always liked 5A in this system for that reason. There is no such thing as a typical season for 5A, whereas you can accurately predict the teams that make it deep in the playoffs in most of the other classes, especially 6A

It feels like the final 4 in 6A always come down to Maryville, Oakland, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood. At least all of them have some gold to show for it lol 

Just now, MSURacer said:

It feels like the final 4 in 6A always come down to Maryville, Oakland, Whitehaven, and Ravenwood. At least all of them have some gold to show for it lol 

Well Brentwood broke through last year, and I'm hoping the influx of strong programs makes it a little less predictable in the west. Oakland and Maryville just so far ahead of everyone out east that it seems like their destined to do this song and dance for a long time. Would be nice to play someone different for a change, and I'm sure they feel the same way about us

20 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Well Brentwood broke through last year, and I'm hoping the influx of strong programs makes it a little less predictable in the west. Oakland and Maryville just so far ahead of everyone out east that it seems like their destined to do this song and dance for a long time. Would be nice to play someone different for a change, and I'm sure they feel the same way about us

True, though not having any of Shelby County in the mix kinda made for an odd ball season. Brentwood was a really good team last year though so it might not have mattered. 

I’m curious to see how Summit and Beech stack up. 

3 hours ago, Tadvols said:

May be some things I'm hearing swept under rug at Powell concerning the 2 WR's who are power 5 recruits  .. hope they wouldn't go that far for the sake of winning at all costs  .. but that's starts at top with the HC ....

Tad I guarantee your hearing correct because I heard the same thing. They should’ve been kicked out of school for 365 days from the incident I heard about. But I guess the rules….better yet The Law doesn’t apply at Powell either <_<.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Tad I guarantee your hearing correct because I heard the same thing. They should’ve been kicked out of school for 365 days from the incident I heard about. But I guess the rules….better yet The Law doesn’t apply at Powell either <_<.

I can believe the HC would look the other way .. but the Admin there at school .. hhhmmm