Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

Well wonder what price JJ and Lowe had to pay ?? Wonder if the 2 WR's are gonna get off scott free after their in school trouble  .. can't believe the admin swept that under the rug .

Yeah Tad I wondered that also. How much was it? Or where did they get the family a job? As for the WRs, both should have been kicked out for 365. I’m Sure they got “suspended” for a few VOLUNTARY summer workouts as punishment. Now this kid just magically shows up, boy I tell ya it’s a lot easier for some than others if you catch my drift.

• Upvote 1

Really would be interesting who the mastermind or the backer to this operation is. This is a story about a team who's coach got fired for going to take a whiz during a test and then the program slides into the bowels of ale for six long years especially after hiring that idiot from Chattanooga. Now we have a Transfer Portal on Steroids bringing in kids from everywhere. Somebody got to be stroking some checks somewhere or it's the one of the best coaching jobs I've ever seen because Powell is a place you want to get your kid out of not into.

• Upvote 4

On 7/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, HTV said:

Not sure at this point.  Glaucoma is much more under control, but I still have issues seeing under stadium lights and I don't drive at night these days.  Should be easier to see under the Neyland lights, however.  If my much better half doesn't have anything going on that Friday night I will probably get her to drop me off.  

And I am very much just a casual observer these days, by the way.  Haven't talked to anybody at the "local" school in probably 3 months and I only talk to a couple of coaches elsewhere these days who are still close friends.  I am retired from the high school football world.  I did take my oldest grandson to the one night Maryville youth camp last Friday and saw some old friends there.  It was good to catch up.  

Hope all is well in your world, my friend.  

Doing as well as possible. It's going on 3 years since my better half was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's. I haven't been to a game in two years, but thank goodness for Diamond Clear Media. Bubba and I are going to try to go to the jamboree, then I'll settle in with my Diamond Clear. There's just something about that night that makes you feel good about the start of the high school season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Maryville was what you say how did the player slam Tee Hodge in a violent action to the ground and get away with it. In some states that would have been his last play in High School Football. In Tennessee on the home teams field the player got away with it. Had that injured the player things would have been dealt with differently but since it didn't it makes it hard to understand how he got away with it if the crew is looking for some way to help Maryville. Packer ran out onto the field of play and held up the game until something had to be done about it. I watched the replay and saw what happened. If I'm just watching as a fan I might go along with him but it shows what happened clearly on film.

You sound like all the new mini van driving soccer moms....explaining why little johnny will never play that evil game of football.:lol: 

Packer was RIGHT! you bunch of cheaters......no way officials should be on the murvul city payroll or an employee and Ref. No different then what goes on in Corbin KY.

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

You sound like all the new mini van driving soccer moms....explaining why little johnny will never play that evil game of football.:lol: 

Packer was RIGHT! you bunch of cheaters......no way officials should be on the murvul city payroll or an employee and Ref. No different then what goes on in Corbin KY.

Since the majority all of the Blount County referees went to Maryville or Alcoa, they'd probably be none left to referee the Maryville-Alcoa game.