Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

6 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

I seem to remember a Josh Jones coaching the Falcons Youth Football team when I was coaching Catholic Youth Football from 2006-2012. Back in those days we played for the metro title every year (going 3-4 in title games) against either Powell or the Falcons.  In 2013 they had this loaded 8th grade team that beat us twice by the same score 14-8 in the regular season and the championship. 

And where did most of those kids, if not all, go to HS and where was Jones at the time? Also which team was always loaded back then and not now? There’s definitely a paper trail when he’s around. I know how he gets kids out of middle school, I’m just saying he’s gotta have another outlet bringing in a kid like this… just my opinion 

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

No he’s just a grumpy old man. When someone even thinks of his beloved Panthers in a different light than him he goes on the defensive. If I’m not telling the truth, I’ll wait on someone to prove me wrong…:rolleyes:

I'd be grouchy too if I had to constantly deal with you taking pot shots. I'm not saying I agree with HTV all that often, but dang even I get sick of your back and forth. Why is it that you have to keep beating this dead horse, Cat? We did this last year, the previous year, and a few years before that. We all get that you don't like HTV (or Powell). I'm pretty sure he doesn't like you either. So just be the bigger man and walk away for once.

Add something constructive to the thread or start another one.

53 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'd be grouchy too if I had to constantly deal with you taking pot shots. I'm not saying I agree with HTV all that often, but dang even I get sick of your back and forth. Why is it that you have to keep beating this dead horse, Cat? We did this last year, the previous year, and a few years before that. We all get that you don't like HTV (or Powell). I'm pretty sure he doesn't like you either. So just be the bigger man and walk away for once.

Add something constructive to the thread or start another one.

Nut I’m not starting anything, HTV has his “mute” button on me so it’s irrelevant. But again to my point, you cannot admit he doesn’t go on the defensive when someone says ANYTHING ab Powell. Point was proven again when Patriot was just simply making a point and he lost it. And  I tried to add to the thread. I’m just giving my opinion to the thread on the newest Powell scan…cough cough, my apologies…”News.” Got nothing against you Nut, your  a realist on here :thumb:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Nut I’m not starting anything, HTV has his “mute” button on me so it’s irrelevant. But again to my point, you cannot admit he doesn’t go on the defensive when someone says ANYTHING ab Powell. Point was proven again when Patriot was just simply making a point and he lost it. And  I tried to add to the thread. I’m just giving my opinion to the thread on the newest Powell scan…cough cough, my apologies…”News.” Got nothing against you Nut, your  a realist on here :thumb:

No worries, Cat. He absolutely goes on the defensive, I'll give you that. He's also entitled to defend the school that represents the community he lives in, which is why he went after you and Tad (as for the others, I'm not sure what that was about). As an alum, there was a time when I would have done the same, but I just don't have skin in the game like I used to. Plus, it's high school football; there are probably a million other things that I will get spun up about, but this isn't one of them. What I'd like to see (HTV has argued this plenty before) - this "pot calling the kettle black" nonsense needs to stop.

A recruit as high-profile as Walter Nolen doesn't make it to Powell without a massive target on his back, and I have zero doubt that his eligibility is currently being investigated. I can't comment on the specifics of his move (or any of the other kids playing for Powell) because I don't know the kids or their families. I do know Matt, and have known him for some time. I'm a Teddy Roosevelt guy myself ("Speak softly and carry a big stick..."), so I could do without the swagger/chatter; the kids love it, but opposing teams/fans hate it, and his teams are notoriously the most penalized in the area. Having said that, he is a genuinely good, family guy who I've enjoyed being around, and unfortunately some folks just can't shake that swag persona.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

No worries, Cat. He absolutely goes on the defensive, I'll give you that. He's also entitled to defend the school that represents the community he lives in, which is why he went after you and Tad (as for the others, I'm not sure what that was about). As an alum, there was a time when I would have done the same, but I just don't have skin in the game like I used to. Plus, it's high school football; there are probably a million other things that I will get spun up about, but this isn't one of them. What I'd like to see (HTV has argued this plenty before) - this "pot calling the kettle black" nonsense needs to stop.

A recruit as high-profile as Walter Nolen doesn't make it to Powell without a massive target on his back, and I have zero doubt that his eligibility is currently being investigated. I can't comment on the specifics of his move (or any of the other kids playing for Powell) because I don't know the kids or their families. I do know Matt, and have known him for some time. I'm a Teddy Roosevelt guy myself ("Speak softly and carry a big stick..."), so I could do without the swagger/chatter; the kids love it, but opposing teams/fans hate it, and his teams are notoriously the most penalized in the area. Having said that, he is a genuinely good, family guy who I've enjoyed being around, and unfortunately some folks just can't shake that swag persona.

Powell doesn't need nor want me to "defend" them.  I honestly haven't talked to anybody there since early spring.  Not going to go in to the "whys" other than to say sometimes people get burned one too many times and it's just time to move on.  That's where I am.  And as I said, I support young folks in sports at a lot of schools.  I still have friends coaching at more than a few area schools.  I want to see them do well, including Powell.  A good sports program is a source of great pride for this community, and any community.  I am simply not close to the Powell program like I once was for a lot of reasons.  

My issue is with the continual finger pointing, unsubstantiated charges, and petty jealousy that some on this forum have when it comes to Powell and it's transfers.  And the irony is that most of that comes from supporters of schools who themselves have benefitted greatly from transfer students coming in to their own programs, but of course, their programs are as white as the virgin snow, so they couldn't possibly have done anything to skirt the rules in facilitating those transfers (rolling eyes here).  But Powell is breaking every rule in the book, according to them.  My issue is with the hypocrisy of those individuals.  I can handle a lot of things, but hypocrisy isn't one of them.  

Walter Nolen is obviously a tremendous prospect.  Just look at his offer list.  And he is obviously going to be noticed by other schools during this move.  A close contact tells me that all parties involved have been in dialogue with the powers that be in the TSSAA throughout the entire process to be sure that the rules and guidelines have been followed.  With the family moving in to the Powell zone, by the book it's a slam dunk eligibility case.  No different than if they were moving in from the Halls or Karns zone.  And I really don't know what the parents job situation is, but some might be interested in learning that it's not against any TSSAA rules for parents to get new jobs when they move.  What a concept!  And especially in this day and time when pretty much every employer out there is begging for people to come and work for them.  

And as for the "grouchy ole man" charge, yeah, I proudly wear that badge.  I have been around too long and have seen too much to put up with those who believe their schools are as pure as the driven snow, while another school is breaking all of the rules like nobody else ever has nor will.  I've asked many times for specifics, but nobody wants to provide any.  Yeah, shocking, I know.  

I use the ignore feature to my personal pleasure on this forum.  I suggest that anybody who has issues with my direct and no nonsense style of dialogue do the same with me.  I won't be offended in any way.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

And where did most of those kids, if not all, go to HS and where was Jones at the time? Also which team was always loaded back then and not now? There’s definitely a paper trail when he’s around. I know how he gets kids out of middle school, I’m just saying he’s gotta have another outlet bringing in a kid like this… just my opinion 

Yep ..the better city teams have had their share  as the team I follow and yours ... we will see if Powell can even pull off what your team has done with some of that talent .. they havent yet  . And its gotta be coaching  .. and they surely wont pull off our accomplishments  ...  the transfer thing is legal and has been used by alot of teams .. but my main issue on here was how they are win at ALL cost there  .. Ive seen good players kicked off the team thru all those years for lesser offenses  ... so we know the 2 WR's at Powell are guilty  but Powell found a way to excuse it !!  And Im not giving my sources up .. but Ive had more than 4 conform that they are guilty but was some parts were overlooked ... FACTS .. and for them to not even bat a eye or feel guilty about it   .. 

Edited by Tadvols

2 hours ago, Tadvols said:

I think he was radio guy for Powell for years. 

Yes. That is absolutely no secret. I also did play by play for Powell, South Doyle and Maryville High Schools and have broadcast games involving many schools state wide.  

I am still waiting for you to explain how Powell is breaking  the rules, where the money for the  payoffs you allege is coming from, and how it is being facilitated.  

And apparently your 4 confirms are wrong. Those kids apparently are on the roster, so whatever offense you think happened obviously didn't. Unless you think Knox County Central Office is in on some kind of conspiracy to prop up Powell, too. 

Your obsession is unhealthy. 

Edited by HTV

7 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Yep ..the better city teams have had their share  as the team I follow and yours ... we will see if Powell can even pull off what your team has done with some of that talent .. they havent yet  . And its gotta be coaching  .. and they surely wont pull off our accomplishments  ...  the transfer thing is legal and has been used by alot of teams .. but my main issue on here was how they are win at ALL cost there  .. Ive seen good players kicked off the team thru all those years for lesser offenses  ... so we know the 2 WR's at Powell are guilty  but Powell found a way to excuse it !!  And Im not giving my sources up .. but Ive had more than 4 conform that they are guilty but was some parts were overlooked ... FACTS .. and for them to not even bat a eye or feel guilty about it   .. 

To many sources for that story to be untrue, we both know that Tad. Of course HTV is gonna deny it happening because they “are on the roster .” Thanks HTV, aka Captain Obvious. My best guess, the admin got ahold of the situation and kept it under wraps before the school police did. But I guess in some people’s world, there’s no such thing as Sweeping something under the rug…

Edited by chsbobcat09
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

To many sources for that story to be untrue, we both know that Tad. Of course HTV is gonna deny it happening because they “are on the roster .” Thanks HTV, aka Captain Obvious. My best guess, the admin got ahold of the situation and kept it under wraps before the school police did. But I guess in some people’s world, there’s no such thing as Sweeping something under the rug…

Exactly  ... ive seen some very good kids kicked out and off teams that we had that had good teams .. some were top 2 or 3 players on team ...and I'm sure your team has too ...but its a shame Powell turns a blind eye to it .. led by Lowe of course .. 

• Upvote 2