Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

6 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

To many sources for that story to be untrue, we both know that Tad. Of course HTV is gonna deny it happening because they “are on the roster .” Thanks HTV, aka Captain Obvious. My best guess, the admin got ahold of the situation and kept it under wraps before the school police did. But I guess in some people’s world, there’s no such thing as Sweeping something under the rug…

You’re doing a lot of crying 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arshad221 said:

You’re doing a lot of crying 

There is a group here that can't seem to do anything else but whine and point their fingers at others. They live in an alternate world where they and the schools they support are Dudley Doright and others are Snidely Whiplash. But I guess some just have to find their villans to cover their own insecurities. Johnny Majors used to call them the Legions of the Miserables. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 12:38 PM, Tadvols said:

They have the best talent money and recruiting can buy ...  yea they should win the State ... for sure pressure on them .. but lets not forget they  were in many close games last year and got lucky on all  ... especilaly the pushoff playing Beech on last play  ..they pulled a horseshow out of butt at AC and one other game  ... they have talent but coaching  ???  I dont see how Lowe gets anybody to be a assistant    ... the most unliked Coach in Knox Co ... even before he hired the Youth recruiter for the state as his OC  ...  but they havent done diddly with the tallent they have had ...  

I don't want to speak to what you talk about with other coaches you may know and their feelings. Knowing Matt, he only cares about Powell and isn't trying to be a buddy. Kids love playing for him and the excitement around the program. I'll agree he needs to produce and he knows that too, but if coaches don't like him it's because they probably are tired of the Powell vs. All Y'all Mentality and passion Lowe brings daily. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I don't want to speak to what you talk about with other coaches you may know and their feelings. Knowing Matt, he only cares about Powell and isn't trying to be a buddy. Kids love playing for him and the excitement around the program. I'll agree he needs to produce and he knows that too, but if coaches don't like him it's because they probably are tired of the Powell vs. All Y'all Mentality and passion Lowe brings daily. 

Wrong  .. nothing to do with that  .. 

• Like 1

The young man's family has always moved him around. I'm trying to think why the family would move him to St. Benedict. They were beyond terrible last year, 2 W -7 L and one win was covid. In 7 games played they averaged 9 points a game and gave up almost 33 a game with the opposition going soft on them in the second half. Even the most impactful players have to have some help around them. Obviously he was going to play somewhere else. Powell was lucky and unlucky (criticism). This current scenario would have been true for any school.

Edited by noonesfool

On 7/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

Tad I guarantee your hearing correct because I heard the same thing. They should’ve been kicked out of school for 365 days from the incident I heard about. But I guess the rules….better yet The Law doesn’t apply at Powell either <_<.

Sorry l am getting to this party late but getting booted for 365 in Knox County has to mean firearms, drugs/alcohol, or fighting/violence. Sounds like fun over at Powell these days. Throw in the number 1 recruit transferring in takes me back to the old days of Smith and Huber transferring in from Central. That didn't produce the results Powell we was looking for either but Coach Fulmer came buy alot and some administrators got fired. Pretty exciting times ahead at Powell.

• Thanks 1