Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

The referees need to not be from either school. Even if outside Blount Co, Officials need to be brought in for the game. 

LOL....you are not aware of the officiating situation obviously. The Blount County association is sending refs to other parts of East Tennessee because they do not have enough officials to conduct a game. Until the numbers improve be happy you have a full crew officiating your game. 

13 minutes ago, MLREB said:

LOL....you are not aware of the officiating situation obviously. The Blount County association is sending refs to other parts of East Tennessee because they do not have enough officials to conduct a game. Until the numbers improve be happy you have a full crew officiating your game. 

Yea, Refs love the Blount County deal getting paid under the table by murvul. I guess the fair and honest refs have to find something that pays better!:thumb:

Edited by BCsportsfan

13 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Well wonder what price JJ and Lowe had to pay ?? Wonder if the 2 WR's are gonna get off scott free after their in school trouble  .. can't believe the admin swept that under the rug .

OK, let me say this again, and read        it      slowly.  

I really don't have any ties with Powell any longer.  Haven't talked to anybody there in literally months, now, back in the early spring.  I have heard the same rumors as everybody else, but apparently the rumors didn't fit what actually took place, what ever that was.  What people tend to forget is that Powell is a Knox County School, and has to follow the same rules as every other Knox County School and there are checks and balances to be sure that all of the schools are following Knox County policy.  There is no "Powell exception" in the Central office.  

And I really find it hypocritical at some of the folks pointing fingers at Powell or anybody else for that matter.  There's not one school in Knox County who hasn't taken transfers.  They all play the game, and if you or anybody else deny that you are either lying to yourselves or are just ignorant to reality.  

As for jobs?  I can't tell you.  There really isn't a big Powell tied employer in the area that has that kind of relationship to my knowledge.  No idea what Nolen's parents are going to do.  But in today's job market, jobs are plentiful with so many people willing to sit on their butts and cashing government checks instead.  

But that said, I am all for parental choice in education and parent's  choice to send their kids where they believe they will best be prepared, and it doesn't matter the reason.  

Edited by HTV

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

OK, let me say this again, and read        it      slowly.  

I really don't have any ties with Powell any longer.  Haven't talked to anybody there in literally months, now, back in the early spring.  I have heard the same rumors as everybody else, but apparently the rumors didn't fit what actually took place, what ever that was.  What people tend to forget is that Powell is a Knox County School, and has to follow the same rules as every other Knox County School there are checks and balances to be sure that all of the schools are following Knox County policy.  There is no "Powell exception" in the Central office.  

And I really find it hypocritical at some of the folks pointing fingers at Powell or anybody else for that matter.  There's not one school in Knox County who hasn't taken transfers.  They all play the game, and if you or anybody else deny that you are either lying to yourselves or are just ignorant to reality.  

As for jobs?  I can't tell you.  There really isn't a big Powell tied employer in the area that has that kind of relationship to my knowledge.  No idea what Nolen's parents are going to do.  

But that said, I am all for parental choice in education and parent's  choice to send their kids where they believe they will best be prepared, and it doesn't matter the reason.  

Surprised Powell pulled this off without jobs for the parents? murvul get their transfer jobs at Denso and Alcoa, well the aluminum company............HA. Or at least coacht'r say they do!:lol:

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

Surprised Powell pulled this off without jobs for the parents? murvul get their transfer jobs at Denso and Alcoa, well the aluminum company............HA. Or at least coacht'r say they do!:lol:

Like I said, I really don't know.  

Used to be some ties when Levi's had a plant here, but that plant closed years ago.  

DeRoyal Industries still has a facility here, but Pete Debusk is a Halls guy.  Seriously doubt that there are any ties there.  

Otherwise, Powell has the same types of business that every other part of Knox County and the area have.  

14 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yea, Refs love the Blount County deal getting paid under the table by murvul. I guess the fair and honest refs have to find something that pays better!:thumb:

Maryville still living rent free in that noggin I see....FACT! :thumb:

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

The referees need to not be from either school. Even if outside Blount Co, Officials need to be brought in for the game. 

That's not unique to Maryville and Alcoa.  Knox County officials work games involving their alma maters, too.  A prominent white hat I am very close to is a Central grad and has worked a good number of their games, including some really big games, over the last few years.  

And I am not saying he officiated in a slanted way at all.  He's one of the best white hats around, calls them like he sees them no matter what teams are playing.  

I've seen as many 50/50 calls go against Maryville in Maryville/Alcoa games as I have seen go in their favor.