Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

22 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

clockwork. Another year, another throw something out there thinking it's the first time. Season will come and go, only thing Powell needs to be concerned about it and it's always there... handling expectations. Not getting busted. 

Yep.  Pressure is squarely on what they do on the field at this point.  They are loaded the next two years, as this is a junior dominated team.  If they are ever going to bring home a gold ball, the time is now.  

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep.  Pressure is squarely on what they do on the field at this point.  They are loaded the next two years, as this is a junior dominated team.  If they are ever going to bring home a gold ball, the time is now.  

There is other teams in the state that may have something to say about that...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

There is other teams in the state that may have something to say about that...

Very true!  I see HC making it out of the West but adding arguable the best player in the nation to an already loaded team on offense is going to be tough with what Powell already had returning

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Very true!  I see HC making it out of the West but adding arguable the best player in the nation to an already loaded team on offense is going to be tough with what Powell already had returning

They have the best talent money and recruiting can buy ...  yea they should win the State ... for sure pressure on them .. but lets not forget they  were in many close games last year and got lucky on all  ... especilaly the pushoff playing Beech on last play  ..they pulled a horseshow out of butt at AC and one other game  ... they have talent but coaching  ???  I dont see how Lowe gets anybody to be a assistant    ... the most unliked Coach in Knox Co ... even before he hired the Youth recruiter for the state as his OC  ...  but they havent done diddly with the tallent they have had ...  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HTV said:

Best team on paper since 1990 when they lost to BA at State. 

10 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Yeah Powell was loaded without the new kid. They definitely have to start proving it on the field because I for one didn't expect them to lose 3 out of their last 4 games last year with a first round exit....

One word—Weigel’s. Obviously Nolen and his fam couldn’t resist the opportunity to be able to drink some of that good ole Jug O’ milk from Weigel’s errday. :rolleyes: As far as Powell “recruiting” & “cheating”- If they’re doing misdeeds in the dark, it’ll eventually come to light anyway, or they’ll never win a championship. Take that back, they may win one, but not with a good conscience. If that’s the case, I’d rather not win one at all personally. God’s justice has its way of meting itself out over time. If they’re doing things the right way now? More power to ‘em.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

They have the best talent money and recruiting can buy ...  yea they should win the State ... for sure pressure on them .. but lets not forget they  were in many close games last year and got lucky on all  ... especilaly the pushoff playing Beech on last play  ..they pulled a horseshow out of butt at AC and one other game  ... they have talent but coaching  ???  I dont see how Lowe gets anybody to be a assistant    ... the most unliked Coach in Knox Co ... even before he hired the Youth recruiter for the state as his OC  ...  but they havent done diddly with the tallent they have had ...  

Man you really dislike Powell....LOL  What did they do to you....LOL