Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

6 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Rebel I sorta thought the same thing last year but "crunch times" haven't been good to Powell. What's on paper and play on the field aren't always the same.

Crunch times aint been good ?? they pulled out every last second miracle play you could to beat Beech ( offensive Pass int wasnt called on last lapy) ,  AC  ..4th down and 25 scramble pull out if hat  ... and  one more I cant remeber  .. they were lucky they didnt loose 5 games 

10 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Rebel I sorta thought the same thing last year but "crunch times" haven't been good to Powell. What's on paper and play on the field aren't always the same.

Powell's front 7 was pushed all over the field last season. They had no size up front whatsoever, and their linebackers got eaten up as a result. They were lucky to beat Beech and AC, but they couldn't catch a break against OR or Walker Valley.

It'll be interesting to see if things change with Nolen at DT.

5 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Crunch times aint been good ?? they pulled out every last second miracle play you could to beat Beech ( offensive Pass int wasnt called on last lapy) ,  AC  ..4th down and 25 scramble pull out if hat  ... and  one more I cant remeber  .. they were lucky they didnt loose 5 games 

But come playoff time, what happens? That's when it counts.

On 7/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Absolutely. One thing is for sure. Barney wouldn’t have the stones to say this to the kids parents or to the young man face to face. So he gets on a message board and calls a kid “fat boy”. Punk move. 

Should of been That Boy  not Fat Boy but auto correct did it's thing and soon as I realized it some Goober hit the Spectrum Fiber cable line with a backhoe and paralyzed the entire county and my ability to change it. Your always on my case about something. Can't blame the other person but you got to get that 2 cents in like a busy body woman always stirring the pot and I know who sets you up to do it also.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, BigTime1950 said:

Sorry l am getting to this party late but getting booted for 365 in Knox County has to mean firearms, drugs/alcohol, or fighting/violence. Sounds like fun over at Powell these days. Throw in the number 1 recruit transferring in takes me back to the old days of Smith and Huber transferring in from Central. That didn't produce the results Powell we was looking for either but Coach Fulmer came buy alot and some administrators got fired. Pretty exciting times ahead at Powell.

:popcorneater: ...  naw its been swept under the rug .. win at ALL cost there ... 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tadvols said:

:popcorneater: ...  naw its been swept under the rug .. win at ALL cost there ... 

No dog in the fight here anymore, but what exactly are you saying got swept under the rug and by who? Powell academic administrators aren't going to risk their jobs for athletic success especially after their paperwork hiccup cost them a couple of years ago with the tailback they brought in when West and SD called crying bc they were gonna get beat.

It's played out and petty to say that there is corruption at the administrative level without having any evidence to support it. "Too many confirmations for it not to have happened." Give me a break. It's not the wild west, and it's not college football. If something happened, the adults involved in the administration at Powell would handle it along with Knox County. Get a grip.