Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

16 hours ago, JAG37849 said:

Well you're right about that as far as the recruiting trail goes. But that was all fine and good when it wasn't Matt's cocky self winning the recruiting wars. No one was complaining about the kids leaving Powell's zone when PHS was going 5-6 and making first round exits.

Go to Tarleton or Shumpert when there's a championship game going on in middle school ages.....whatever team you support....they'll have a coach there. That's just the way of the world. But the county isn't giving anyone a pass because they run real fast or throw it real far...and they certainly aren't giving away get out of jail free cards because you wear a Powell jersey. Ask those kids who didn't get to go to the playoffs their senior year because of a paperwork issue. 

So you created an account just to chime in on this thread and say that nothing sketchy is going on at Pal?

I'm convinced...

15 hours ago, HTV said:

Don't forget about the infamous Hunter's Ed class.  

Joel was one of the best at recognizing and bringing in talent, and I mean that as an absolute compliment.  One of my favorite coaches to have ever interacted with.  

At one time in the early part of the 2000s I counted 7 starters at Central who were zoned Powell, but to be fair one of them was Joel's son, so I'll say 6 in reality.  

I need more details on this.  I'm afraid this story precedes me...

3 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

So you created an account just to chime in on this thread and say that nothing sketchy is going on at Pal?

I'm convinced...

I would argue the burden of proof is on the accuser. Namely the “adults” on the thread who have “sources” about the personal lives of Powell’s wide receiver corps. I just don’t buy that man. Powell got eliminated from the playoffs in the 2010 season because Matt suspended his all state tailback for the playoffs. 

It’s a false equivalency to say that because you think he’s recruiting he must also be covering up KCS behavior rule violations. 

I just think it’s really unfair to get on a message board and launch baseless accusations about high school kids (and I say that that with all due respect to the unnamed sources cited in this thread) because you’re jealous that a different kid decided to attend powell and not central or maryville. 

8 minutes ago, JAG37849 said:

I would argue the burden of proof is on the accuser. Namely the “adults” on the thread who have “sources” about the personal lives of Powell’s wide receiver corps. I just don’t buy that man. Powell got eliminated from the playoffs in the 2010 season because Matt suspended his all state tailback for the playoffs. 

It’s a false equivalency to say that because you think he’s recruiting he must also be covering up KCS behavior rule violations. 

I just think it’s really unfair to get on a message board and launch baseless accusations about high school kids (and I say that that with all due respect to the unnamed sources cited in this thread) because you’re jealous that a different kid decided to attend powell and not central or maryville. 

I don't disagree with this stance, but I find your circumstances less than convincing.  I have no idea about any of it to be clear.

Well, we all know that these "sources" must all be 100% on the money.  All of them.  Because nobody ever exaggerated or embellished a story to make somebody they dislike look worse than the truth actually indicates.  

Amirite?  

Really.  Some on this forum continuing to claim a conspiracy between Powell administration and Knox County Schools Central Office look like 4 year olds arguing over who should get the biggest piece of candy.  It's quite humorous, really.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

Well, we all know that these "sources" must all be 100% on the money.  All of them.  Because nobody ever exaggerated or embellished a story to make somebody they dislike look worse than the truth actually indicates.  

Amirite?  

Really.  Some on this forum continuing to claim a conspiracy between Powell administration and Knox County Schools Central Office look like 4 year olds arguing over who should get the biggest piece of candy.  It's quite humorous, really.  

For real, what was the Hunter's Ed story?

4 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

For real, what was the Hunter's Ed story?

Little before my time here, but as the story goes, CHS offered a hunter’s education class that no one else in the county offered. Students could transfer to central on the basis that they wanted to take the class. 

I certainly understand your stance as well. I created the account to chime in Bc I felt like the character assassination that was happening was unfair. That said, I get that a guy with 5 career posts doesn’t carry a ton of weight lol. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JAG37849 said:

Little before my time here, but as the story goes, CHS offered a hunter’s education class that no one else in the county offered. Students could transfer to central on the basis that they wanted to take the class. 

That was pretty much it.  It was an elective class that nobody else in the county offered, so it was a legit reason to be able to get a transfer in with no questions asked.  

• Upvote 1

Question...2 top players from West have transferred to Oak Ridge.  Are they immediately eligible?  Great kid from Bearden has transferred to West.  Is he immediately eligible?  Kid from Greeneville has transferred to Jefferson County.  Is he immediately eligible?  All these players had really good playing time last season...

7 minutes ago, TopTenn said:

Question...2 top players from West have transferred to Oak Ridge.  Are they immediately eligible?  Great kid from Bearden has transferred to West.  Is he immediately eligible?  Kid from Greeneville has transferred to Jefferson County.  Is he immediately eligible?  All these players had really good playing time last season...

From what I have been told their families all made physical moves in to the zones of the new schools, so they should be eligible barring a last minute hiccup. 

6 minutes ago, TopTenn said:

You are going to have to be more specific than that.  If they moved into each zone then yes they will be eligible or if their legal guardian is coaching at the new school.  I'm assuming you're talking about Carlevato who transfered from Bearden (Started for them at QB while he was there) to west last year and sat out so he would be eligible this year.  The QB that transferred  from Greeneville to JC didn't get really good playing time last year at all so i don't know were you got that info from, he was 3rd/4th on the depth chart.