Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

On 8/3/2021 at 9:25 AM, osunut2 said:

Cat, your beef is with one or two folks on here, so stop making generalizations about "these Powell people." I haven't addressed those allegations because I don't know anything about any of that. I'm not connected with anyone currently inside the walls of that school. Heck, I don't even live in Powell (or north Knox County) anymore. I would even argue that most members of the Powell community wouldn't have a clue about the details of a story like that. All of that said, if your story is true, that's incredibly disappointing.

However, you'll have to excuse some of my skepticism, given the ax that you and Tad are constantly grinding. I'm not saying you are both wrong in this instance (I don't have a clue), but you have to admit that if Matt Lowe saved a child from a burning building, you and Tad would argue that Matt is no hero (probably because he started the fire).

Osunut2  .. Nah I wouldn't think Lowe had started the fire .. I'd probably think good job Lowe  .. you  have a little less sleaze than I thought !!  

On 8/5/2021 at 8:12 AM, Knoxemdown said:

I know for certain of an instance where students moved from private to public and were not released by the school (Private, high- profile recruiting, knoxville).  They wanted the student to move 20 miles away.  He finally had to in order to play.

Plenty of “Hardship” waivers exist from private to public.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Looks like Nolen little brother Warren is going to be a good one. 247 had a article about him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Warren-Nolen-college-football-recruiting-Florida-Georgia-Michigan-Tennessee-168901159/

Surprised more folks haven't given Warren a nod yet, although I'm sure his age has something to do with that. This kid is huge (6-5, 280), and very coachable from what I've seen/heard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Surprised more folks haven't given Warren a nod yet, although I'm sure his age has something to do with that. This kid is huge (6-5, 280), and very coachable from what I've seen/heard.

Other than the obvious, are you aware of what the rest of the line will look like this season? I think they lost some good ones last year 

51 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Other than the obvious, are you aware of what the rest of the line will look like this season? I think they lost some good ones last year 

The Gann kid is pretty solid.  Borderline D1 prospect.  

With he and the 2 Nolens they should be fine.  Good nucleus to build around. And I promise you the cupboard isn't bare.  

Edited by HTV