Powell getting a big boost

JustinBuck

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

....and even sad'r....probably a Florida Gator after that......sigh.

Somebody is about to pay the $70K to send him there.   

My guesses would be Bama, Florida, or LSU.  Can't be Tennessee since you can't fit that much money in a Happy Meal box.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Chris Akporoghene comes to mind

Old regime at UT, quite possible, but I can't say one way or the other.  No way UT is doing anything like that right now with the NCAA issues still to be adjudicated.  

18 hours ago, HTV said:

Old regime at UT, quite possible, but I can't say one way or the other.  No way UT is doing anything like that right now with the NCAA issues still to be adjudicated.  

Not likely. But NIL under the table investment by Weigels or Buddy's BBQ

Edited by JohnnyUtah

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

I was thinking a Pilot/Flying J and Dish Network NIL deal. 

OK so think logically about it.  Were it somebody trying to point him to UT would they not want him 8 miles from Neyland Stadium rather than in Bradenton, Florida?    

17 minutes ago, HTV said:

OK so think logically about it.  Were it somebody trying to point him to UT would they not want him 8 miles from Neyland Stadium rather than in Bradenton, Florida?    

You want him close so that Rodney Garner can visit him as much as possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

HTV, are you going to the Jamboree? 

Not sure at this point.  Glaucoma is much more under control, but I still have issues seeing under stadium lights and I don't drive at night these days.  Should be easier to see under the Neyland lights, however.  If my much better half doesn't have anything going on that Friday night I will probably get her to drop me off.  

And I am very much just a casual observer these days, by the way.  Haven't talked to anybody at the "local" school in probably 3 months and I only talk to a couple of coaches elsewhere these days who are still close friends.  I am retired from the high school football world.  I did take my oldest grandson to the one night Maryville youth camp last Friday and saw some old friends there.  It was good to catch up.  

Hope all is well in your world, my friend.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HTV said:

I did take my oldest grandson to the one night Maryville youth camp last Friday and saw some old friends there.  It was good to catch up.  

Hope all is well in your world, my friend.  

I don't know if anybody knows this, but Maryville accepts tuitions students. It's probably the best kept secret in East TN. You can actually, pay a fee (approximately what an average person would pay in city taxes) and go to MHS. I know it sounds crazy, but its true.    (sarcasm font) 

He is considered a legacy now. 

Edited by Red Rebels