AAA Predictions

GHSLadyDevils

5 hours ago, GHSLadyDevils said:

So what are your thoughts for the new 3A class? Who stands out? Who has the potential for a breakout year? Let me know! :popcorneater:

Page made it to state last year in the old 3A with no seniors. I assume they will make some noise again. 

7 hours ago, GHSLadyDevils said:

So what are your thoughts for the new 3A class? Who stands out? Who has the potential for a breakout year? Let me know! :popcorneater:

Greeneville is a very good team. They will make great strides this year. I always believed Lauren Bailey would someday make All-State, but was somewhat surprised she accomplished the feat as a sophomore. Greeneville will go however Lauren Bailey goes.

Attached is a picture of Bailey (left) going against Addison Williams of South Greene. This picture epitomizes the very best in girls athletics. It was taken during the 112 to 101 triple overtime Greeneville win that ranks as the second highest scoring girls game in the state of Tennessee.

Picture Credit: Tate Russell Greeneville Sun

148098163_3175333912701244_8327821009367953230_n.jpg

Edited by Americal198

4 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Greeneville is a very good team. They will make great strides this year. I always believed Lauren Bailey would someday make All-State, but was somewhat surprised she accomplished the feat as a sophomore. Greeneville will go however Lauren Bailey goes.

Attached is a picture of Bailey (left) going against Addison Williams of South Greene. This picture epitomizes the very best in girls athletics. It was taken during the 112 to 101 triple overtime Greeneville win that ranks as the second highest scoring girls game in the state of Tennessee.

This is a great picture of 2 athletes who can absolutely “go at it” on the court.  They both play hard.  
Greeneville is very talented this year and several players have made great strides in improving their game.  They will have more than 1 or 2 players for teams to worry about.  They have so much speed and come at you in waves.  Also - they will have a pretty deep bench.  It should be interesting.

5 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Well said. What a game that was, one for the books! :D 

10 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

This is a great picture of 2 athletes who can absolutely “go at it” on the court.  They both play hard.  
Greeneville is very talented this year and several players have made great strides in improving their game.  They will have more than 1 or 2 players for teams to worry about.  They have so much speed and come at you in waves.  Also - they will have a pretty deep bench.  It should be interesting.

These girls are well seasoned and should have much confidence heading into next season. Yes. They are extremely deep. Their trump card is Coach Annette Watts, who got the most out of this team when it was comprised of mostly Freshmen, with the exception of Grace Hayes. Grainger will be good, but Greeneville will be ready for them and, at the very least, the Lady Devils will win at home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GHSLadyDevils said:

Well said. What a game that was, one for the books! :D 

I saw the first two games between South Greene and Greeneville. Addison Williams was quarantined for the first one at Hal Henard Gym. The game wasn't close as Greeneville won easily. I also went to the triple OT game on Rebel Hill. Easily the best girls game I ever saw. Two things I left the gym thinking about. First, there were no losers. Second, I believed Greeneville did not want to play South Greene in the tournament. I was out of town for the last game. As you know, South Greene played their best game of the season in that one.

It's good that you are posting on Coach T. Those of us from Greene County in East Tennessee sometimes get a little lonesome on this board. :)

22 hours ago, GHSLadyDevils said:

Page HS is going to be really good again.  They made the AAA state tournament this past year and graduated nobody.  They've got a chance to win the whole thing.

Jackson South Side will be strong.  I heard they lost their post to another knee injury, but even without her, they'll be a threat because of the way they defend. 

• Thanks 1